VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Compensation issue?

Rate this question

trun10tion

Question

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

Trun10tion You need to see your decision letter which should arrive in a week to 10 days. If it doesn't show up by then call Peggy (800-827-1000) and ask for another copy. The note says 1-2 months to see IF any changes, so that may or may not be accurate. You just have to wait for the next step for the decision letter.

• HadIt.com Elder

I never heard of such a thing?   if the judge granted a certain disability   and denied a certain disability  it goes back to the R.O. to let the veteran know what was granted and what was denied.

compensation issues is the VA responsibility to issue this information to the Veteran.

I'd call my congressman or the white house hotline...unless  President Biden closed this program that benefit the Veteran? ?  ...WHICH HE HAS BEEN DOING!!!

Edited by Buck52

I agree with GB Army.  Relying on ebenefits is a big mistake.  Its unreliable.  You need to wait for the envelope.  If you post the reasons and bases, when you get the decision, we can help decipher the code. 

Remember, "even when" you get a BVA decision, the VARO has to implement it, and that, too takes time.  

You may be thinking about appealing the denied issue "if" it was denied, to the CAVC.  Since it sounds like you are new, you may not know that you can hire a lawyer at the CAVC level at no cost to you, because EAJA pays the fees when you win.  

The VA separates issues, so you can appeal a denied IBS, even if other issues are awarded.  

Edited by broncovet

Ty Broncovet but im far from new...lol I'm 60 yr old vet. Serve off n on from 1978 to 2012.  I After 50% from Army I got up to 70% myself. Yes I have an attorney. I just thought maybe compensation issue term may have been revealed by now.  I'm now 100% as of 2019. These contentions are appeals at bva level. So yes ill wait for the big brown envelope.

4 hours ago, Buck52 said:

I never heard of such a thing?   if the judge granted a certain disability   and denied a certain disability  it goes back to the R.O. to let the veteran know what was granted and what was denied.

compensation issues is the VA responsibility to issue this information to the Veteran.

I'd call my congressman or the white house hotline...unless  President Biden closed this program that benefit the Veteran? ?  ...WHICH HE HAS BEEN DOING!!!

Buck buck52 now that's what im talking about thinking out side the box. Ty man I concur, I never heard that term comp issue either. Well thing for sure we now know comp issue a new covert word. Lol