VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can you get a 100% P&T PTSD rating and not have work impairment

Rate this question

DSIG

Question

If you have dominantly social impairment from PTSD and there is enough evidence of this and this has worsened, can this alone get you to 100% P&T from 70%.  Do you also have to demonstrate work impairment?  I'm asking how the VA views 'total impairment.'  Do you have to have both social and work impairment or can social impairment suffice?  Do they look at how long you have been previously rated in making their decision?  I am waiting for a decision letter for a PTSD increase claim that closed last week.   The claim includes my private therapist's nexus letter and DBQ where he specifies language of "more likely than not to be permanent in nature".  He also provided a long list of session dates that I have had with him since 2009.  I have been in continuous therapy with him for 11 years.  My original rating was 50% in 2010 but the VA called me back for a re-evaluation on their own (not at my request) in 2012 which resulted in a rating increase to 70%. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Just my opinion

A TDIU P&T can work  rather or not its for a mental  health SERVICE CONNECTED  (PTSD/'DEPRESSION disorder  or a Body Injury from military  service.

But ONLY UNDER SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES    (family business ,self employed /or family Farm, Veteran can keep the business as long as he has someone else to run the business  and he will over see the Business.  but VA has to give to ok...

other wise if your TDIU P&T  and you could no longer do your job you were train to do  and your disability keeps you from working  then your not suppose to work and will need to send in the 21 4140 employment questioner every year  usually the VETERANS ANNVERSERARY DATE OF HIS /HER AWARD.

Bronco and Buck thanks. I’m not anywhere near TDIU.   The VSO and my private doctor who is very familiar with VA claims and only treats vets said that my employment may be a show stopper.  I’m hoping that the worsening social impairment, new secondary diagnosis and evidence of 11 years of therapy tips the scale.