VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Proposed Disabiltiy Rating

Rate this question

Viet Vet

Question

I am new here - excuse me - I am asking about if this it the wayVA does this - since I never have seen tbis before on this site - I have larnxy cancer AO presumed and 100% granted - now I will be reduced to 20% - dysphagia secondary 10% - and hoaseness 10% - primary, I suppose - I have the time still to NOD this - but do not know if I should - I feel I have xerostomia -severe dry mouth - but dont find that condition listed - should I challenge this or accept the C&P exam for now ? Later to have examination? Thanks

• Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

VV,

First off, what is the status of your voice box cancer? In remission? Cured? You can claim for any condition, even if not listed, as long as you have a qualified medical opinion that it affects your ability to earn a meaningful living and is a secondary symptom of the primary SC ailment.

Even though the Part IV may not list your specific problem, you can still submit it IF it makes medical sense as a symptom affecting your ability to gain and keep "meaningful employment." May or may not work, but worth doing; that's how new presumptive ailments get created!!

Ralph

I am new here - excuse me - I am asking about if this it the wayVA does this - since I never have seen tbis before on this site - I have larnxy cancer AO presumed and 100% granted - now I will be reduced to 20% - dysphagia secondary 10% - and hoaseness 10% - primary, I suppose - I have the time still to NOD this - but do not know if I should - I feel I have xerostomia -severe dry mouth - but dont find that condition listed - should I challenge this or accept the C&P exam for now ? Later to have examination? Thanks

Guest terrysturgis

I might suggest that if you have not had an Agent Orange exam that you get one. It sounds like the cancer is in remission if they are reducing your percentage. That's the good news, healthwise. How's you blood sugar or any other presumed disease due to AO exposure.

Don't excuse yourself, we are glad you are here and welcome to HADIT. Terry Sturgis

VV,

First off, what is the status of your voice box cancer? In remission? Cured? You can claim for any condition, even if not listed, as long as you have a qualified medical opinion that it affects your ability to earn a meaningful living and is a secondary symptom of the primary SC ailment.

Even though the Part IV may not list your specific problem, you can still submit it IF it makes medical sense as a symptom affecting your ability to gain and keep "meaningful employment." May or may not work, but worth doing; that's how new presumptive ailments get created!!

Ralph

I am sorry - I dont know how to use this - I am trying my best - Thanks for ur help -I have done had radiation therapy for layrnyx cancer already - only I know I was for sure exposed in the Air Force- I just ask ur advice onlly -I only know I have this problem and I found out about more stuff on the web by research - I am quit my job - retired- beuxz I couldnt continue - but wish I could have.

I am sorry - I dont know how to use this - I am trying my best - Thanks for ur help -I have done had radiation therapy for layrnyx cancer already - only I know I was for sure exposed in the Air Force- I just ask ur advice onlly -I only know I have this problem and I found out about more stuff on the web by research - I am quit my job - retired- beuxz I couldnt continue - but wish I could have.

VV,

Chill out and welcome to Hadit! If you can give us more information about your situation, we may be able to give you much more direct advice. There's a lot of experience in this group and we're all "fambly", so pull up a chair and we'll shoot bulls until we get all the info needed to get you the max you're entitled to.

Again, welcome fellow veteran!

Ralph

Ralph

Thanks for ur welcome - please I juist dont know how to post well - it takes me time and I will do better later- u r vets doing this - I wanna be too - hope I can help a vet also - I just am stuck now in my situation also - I get very anxious but am ok - just as u all know I want to help all - I am ok - wish all same - I like to see the good things on this site - u help people here - I am impressed - I hope I can help somehow - but I am just here now to find out about mu situation also- bcuz no one can figure out the VA - just help me with ur support - I dont expect any more - Thanks - hope I can help

Frank