VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Proposed Disabiltiy Rating

Rate this question

Viet Vet

Question

I am new here - excuse me - I am asking about if this it the wayVA does this - since I never have seen tbis before on this site - I have larnxy cancer AO presumed and 100% granted - now I will be reduced to 20% - dysphagia secondary 10% - and hoaseness 10% - primary, I suppose - I have the time still to NOD this - but do not know if I should - I feel I have xerostomia -severe dry mouth - but dont find that condition listed - should I challenge this or accept the C&P exam for now ? Later to have examination? Thanks

• Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I think I know whats up now! I went to VAMC for checkup on Monday - I then saw DAV at VAMC - they called the RO number and I turned it over to DAV - I wanted to know when my daughter would get ed benefits - after all was said and done I found out that they were behind by a year, but the news was they sent me the money. I didnt know this and I thought the money went to dependent - I guess they think I will use it myself - I assure u - truthfully, any money received for my daughter will go directly to her bank account - I see now how the VA thinks about this - wish the money would go directly to dependent - I never knew it wouldnt till I was told this - even when I had called VA previously - didnt know from websites either - I understand that they suspect intentions - but I wish they would change their laws so it didnt look like a scam - I guess this is the way things go but dont like it - I just want my child to have a good education - we have kept up so far with expenses but its hard to do - I swear anything for her education goes to her education. Hope this info helps somebody.

I think I know whats up now! I went to VAMC for checkup on Monday - I then saw DAV at VAMC - they called the RO number and I turned it over to DAV - I wanted to know when my daughter would get ed benefits - after all was said and done I found out that they were behind by a year, but the news was they sent me the money. I didnt know this and I thought the money went to dependent - I guess they think I will use it myself - I assure u - truthfully, any money received for my daughter will go directly to her bank account - I see now how the VA thinks about this - wish the money would go directly to dependent - I never knew it wouldnt till I was told this - even when I had called VA previously - didnt know from websites either - I understand that they suspect intentions - but I wish they would change their laws so it didnt look like a scam - I guess this is the way things go but dont like it - I just want my child to have a good education - we have kept up so far with expenses but its hard to do - I swear anything for her education goes to her education. Hope this info helps somebody.

Sorry: I meant the VA will send me the money - since I have nothing yet.

Frank- did you see real cash money from the VA in your checking acct or mail box or is this what they said-that you Would 'get' the money-

and did they specifically mean Chap 35 refund of tuition?

This seems bizarre to me because the VA reminded me that my baby was an adult US veteran and they would not deal with my questions about her Chap 35 at all- so I would assume that when she begins her Masters she pays the tuition so she sure gets the VA check- not me-

then again-was your daughter in college prior to turning 18?

I guess in that case they would send you the money-up to her 18th birthday ???

weird-

Frank- did you see real cash money from the VA in your checking acct or mail box or is this what they said-that you Would 'get' the money-

and did they specifically mean Chap 35 refund of tuition?

This seems bizarre to me because the VA reminded me that my baby was an adult US veteran and they would not deal with my questions about her Chap 35 at all- so I would assume that when she begins her Masters she pays the tuition so she sure gets the VA check- not me-

then again-was your daughter in college prior to turning 18?

I guess in that case they would send you the money-up to her 18th birthday ???

weird-

Thanks Berta - No I have't gotten anything besides 100% - I can't explain this well I guess - only I am working with the DAV rep now and was told this about that I would recieve any retro - I just want my daughter to get what she needs to completer her degree - she is a junior at UM now - I dont know anything about Masters later - I hope u can just see that this is confusing and frustrating to me.

I am confused too as to what you were told and am having considerable problems with my own vet rep too-

often they dont have a clue- especially on Chap 35 -

I hope the DAV didnt just make this up-

As long as you are 100% P & T- she should be fully eligible for Chap 35 benefits until age 26 at an approved VA school-but -in my case (I am Chap 35 ) they only paid me after they had the tuition payment that I made confirmed via my VA counselor at the school-and that I was in classes for about 2 weeks or more-without a drop-

Can anyone else help here with their Chap 35 experience with their kids?