VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Does TDIU get pulled once I reach the age of 67?

Rate this question

Wanderer

Question

A fella claiming to be knowledgeable said I will lose my TDIU which is P&T at age 67 because that's retirement age. I think he's full of BS. Has anyone heard this before?

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Bad advise is worse than no advise at all. Call the knowledgeable guy out; ask him to show you the part in 38cfr part 4 that covers that. After he back peddles, tell the first sentence.

This comes up every once and a while.  Nothing ever dies on the inner-web.  The was a proposal/study to eliminate TDIU when the Veteran reaches the age to get Medicare, etc.  I died a short death.  But keeps popping up.

The study found a bunch of Veterans in their 90's receiving TDIU.  However, one (TDIU) has nothing to do with the other (Medicare).  The study also found that there were non-Veteran 90 year old's still working.  So, a person can and do work at any age, and TDIU is to offset the ability not to work, again, at any age.  Case closed.

It will pop up again in 6 months,

Hamslice

The current regulations say "nothing" about unemployment (tdiu) taken away because you reach age 67.  To the contrary the reg says that "age will not be a factor".   Source:  https://cck-law.com/veterans-law/does-va-consider-age-as-a-factor-for-tdiu/

Knowledge beats fear.