VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

DX CODES needed .loss of use left arm

Rate this question

BionicVet

Question

I have a c&p on Tuesday, for “neuropathy hand”, and “peripheral nerves”. I have attached a letter from one of my Dr for service connection and description of diag.. My PCP is asking me for exact codes (dx)that he can input to help with diagnosis to put in my file. I am trying to get loss of use for left hand, I am already SC for loss of use for my right. So SMC comes into place as well. I have attached a letter for any DX codes that will help.2021-02-25_092138.pdf

38 CFR §4.124a DC 8512 = LOU of one hand (70% dominant; 60% nondominant) and §3.350(a)(2)(i) (SMC K)   

§4.71a Diagnostic Code 5109= Loss of use of both hands and §3.350(c)(SMC M) 

All, I just looked in ebenefits! I got 100% p&t and some retro - whoot!! From the C&P I  believe I received 40 percent left hand neuropathy and that put me over.... I have not received the notice in the mail yet to tell me actually how and what the but looks like. nor has VA.gov been updated.

I did not get SMC for loss of use for both hands. I have been loss of use for one already but...... always keep trying right...... All of you here are awesome! 

Time to send a donation and I will. 

I just received a 2nd request from LHI for an exam. I originally went for lower radicular group and received a 40% for neuropathy which took me to 100 % p&t

neuropathy, left hand 40% Service Connected   02/07/2020

i originally went to the LHI in March for 

Issue on review: Paralysis of lower radicular group

any ideas why . See Attached.

F04BD11F-252B-4407-AA16-6986E8525C4A.jpeg