VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

DX CODES needed .loss of use left arm

Rate this question

BionicVet

Question

I have a c&p on Tuesday, for “neuropathy hand”, and “peripheral nerves”. I have attached a letter from one of my Dr for service connection and description of diag.. My PCP is asking me for exact codes (dx)that he can input to help with diagnosis to put in my file. I am trying to get loss of use for left hand, I am already SC for loss of use for my right. So SMC comes into place as well. I have attached a letter for any DX codes that will help.2021-02-25_092138.pdf

• HadIt.com Elder

I recently got 40% for neuropathy for right arm and 30% for left.  I got 40% on both feet and legs.  What exactly does loss of use mean? Does it mean you can't walk or use your hands?

Here is the definition.
The term "loss of use" of a hand or foot is defined by 38 C.F.R. § 3.350(a)(2) as that condition where no effective function remains other than that which would be equally well served by an amputation stump at the site of election below elbow or knee with use of a suitable prosthetic appliance

In February I had tried right  upper arm transradial salvage surgery. Still recovering, my accident happened in 1989 in Italy. The surgery did not go so great. So I am in an approval process for a clinical trial for a new state of the art technology in prosthetic. Walter reed and MIT. My right arm amputation could be done by end of this year. With my left hand and arm I have “overuse” 30 years of having just essentially 1 somewhat functional. I was and still debating arguing about the SMC for left. I was denied caregiver for my wife because I don’t fall in the correct war time. It’s a long road debating to stay the course.... sucks relying on someone just to take a shit.

Edited by BionicVet

Also for the letter from LHI, I called the 1800 and they said claim is closed as far as they are concerned they did not request anything. I called LHI and said show me the request from the VA....chirp...chirp.

VA did not even give me anything for bilateral.