VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help with back rate increase

Ken Dillon

I hope someone could give me some advice,  I was rated at 40 percent disability,right lower extremity radiculopathy at 10 percent.degenerative disc disease with intervertebral disc syndrome (previously rated as degenerative disc disease, herniated lumbar disc) rate at 20 percent and bilateral tinnitus at 10 percent. and lumbar scar rated at 0.  In July of 2020 I had fusion surgery of L4 to S1.  I put in for rate increase for my scar, fusion, and rt leg Radiculopathy and last 100 percent temp disability I was out of work for 12 weeks. 

Today on ebenefits found my total new rating of 60 percent  they increase my Rt Leg Radiculopathy to 20 percent I am guess for foot drop I have not and I use a cane to get around. No increase in rating for fusion ( QTC did not preform ROM test because I was 12 weeks post op) I received a 10 percent rating for surgery scar. and not a work on 100 percent temporary disability.

My question is what do I do now. I still can not bend my back all, have pain in back and down the leg, I fell down the stairs at work, which I had statement from co-worker.

Any ideas what I should do, or to proceed. 

Thank you  Ken

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to wait for the envelope, its unproductive for us to speculate based on what the unreliable ebenefits says.  Also, to appeal, you need the final decision, and the reasons and bases.  

We can advise better when you get the envelope.  However, have you applied for all your disabilities?  Maybe there was some you overlooked.  And, did you seek an increase for all which worsened?  

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use