VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Another new one for me, a contracted C&P

Rate this question

Carl the Engineer

Question

All,

Another new one for me.  Just got the call from "LHI Care" (?).  All my previous exams have been done at the VA hospital.   

The good.  They are scheduling the C&P thirty minutes from my home.  The place doing the exam is the same place where I had my rehab for my plantar fasciitis a few years back.  

The bad.  I have never done a contracted exam before (so at least I will know what you Veterans are always talking about). 

The ugly.  I am schedule for lower back, spine, shoulder/arm, esophagus and hiatal hernia.  This place had no doctors, just physical therapists, so not too comfortable on the Barrett's Esophagus/Hiatal Hernia part of the exam...

I took a quick search of LHI in Hadit, and see they look like a 50/50 satisfaction rating, LOL. 

Any suggestions are appreciated,

Hamslice

I will be studying the associated DBQ's before hand, and taking copies of my medical records with.

I've had both VA and contractor C&P's.  I'll take the contractor C&P's all day long.  I've only had one bad contact C&P examiner.  I pissed her off right from the start.  I advise against this.  I had to contest the exam and it extended my claim results by about a year.  I prevailed.

I've had several bad VA C&P exams that I've had overturned with additional evidence and subsequent C&P's with contractors (QTC,LHI, etc.).

Good luck, and kill them with military kindness.  Yes Ma'am, No Ma'am, yes Sir, no Sir.  Thank them for their time.  

We'll so-far crickets from the C&P examination location.  No date yet.

I did call my local CVSO and she stated that they just started farming out C&P's about a year ago (for her County's Veterans), however, not this close a location (we live in the sticks) and this was news to her.

So, I may be the first for this place for doing a C&P for a Veteran.  I will grill them when the time comes.  Not really, but will find out how long and how many, etc., if the opportunity arises.

Anyway, 

Hamslice

I wonder if they (VA) have training programs for non-VA examiners to learn how to do the VA exams.  LOL..

They are constantly adding locations- not that many but it's relatively steady over the last year and a half. There contact examiners work for the vendor, and are trained by them. VA certifies the vendor, or takes it back, too, for individual locations.