VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Another new one for me, a contracted C&P

Rate this question

Carl the Engineer

Question

All,

Another new one for me.  Just got the call from "LHI Care" (?).  All my previous exams have been done at the VA hospital.   

The good.  They are scheduling the C&P thirty minutes from my home.  The place doing the exam is the same place where I had my rehab for my plantar fasciitis a few years back.  

The bad.  I have never done a contracted exam before (so at least I will know what you Veterans are always talking about). 

The ugly.  I am schedule for lower back, spine, shoulder/arm, esophagus and hiatal hernia.  This place had no doctors, just physical therapists, so not too comfortable on the Barrett's Esophagus/Hiatal Hernia part of the exam...

I took a quick search of LHI in Hadit, and see they look like a 50/50 satisfaction rating, LOL. 

Any suggestions are appreciated,

Hamslice

I will be studying the associated DBQ's before hand, and taking copies of my medical records with.

Well, it looks like my x-rays in the van didn't turn out.  I didn't think they would as the mobile x-ray camera was bouncing a good half-inch up and down when she took the pictures.  She blamed it on my being thick, but I think an x-ray goes through fat just fine.

So, now I have a request from LHI for times/days available for a future appointment for x-rays.  Not sure where they will be done. 

Fun with the VA (contractor),

Hamslice

9 hours ago, Hamslice said:

Well, it looks like my x-rays in the van didn't turn out.  I didn't think they would as the mobile x-ray camera was bouncing a good half-inch up and down when she took the pictures.  She blamed it on my being thick, but I think an x-ray goes through fat just fine.

So, now I have a request from LHI for times/days available for a future appointment for x-rays.  Not sure where they will be done. 

Fun with the VA (contractor),

Hamslice

They might send you to COMM care via VAMC for the xrays- we have been splitting exams based on availability as much as possible to move things along, including where exams were previously requested, we'll cancel certain ones if the local VAMC becomes available and vice versa.  I had to do COMM care for an MRI for the same reason- due to *reasons I can't fit comfortable in a mobile MRI. I think they were made for oompa looompas. 

• HadIt.com Elder

What a waist of time Hamslice  just another way to slow the claims process....you might ask your va pcp for a referral to get X-RAYS OF WHAT YOU NEED X-RAY FOR.... at your VAMC  Get a copy of  them submit as in part of your evidence.??

8 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

What a waist of time Hamslice  just another way to slow the claims process....you might ask your va pcp for a referral to get X-RAYS OF WHAT YOU NEED X-RAY FOR.... at your VAMC  Get a copy of  them submit as in part of your evidence.??

They don’t just set up a crappy X-ray to delay claims. The site has what it has. They are a contractor not directly related to va so it’s not like vha is going to buy them an X-ray. 

Its just you. You are attributing to malice what is more likely a vendor limitation. They can't control the size of an individual person coming in for an Xray.