VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Another new one for me, a contracted C&P

Rate this question

Carl the Engineer

Question

All,

Another new one for me.  Just got the call from "LHI Care" (?).  All my previous exams have been done at the VA hospital.   

The good.  They are scheduling the C&P thirty minutes from my home.  The place doing the exam is the same place where I had my rehab for my plantar fasciitis a few years back.  

The bad.  I have never done a contracted exam before (so at least I will know what you Veterans are always talking about). 

The ugly.  I am schedule for lower back, spine, shoulder/arm, esophagus and hiatal hernia.  This place had no doctors, just physical therapists, so not too comfortable on the Barrett's Esophagus/Hiatal Hernia part of the exam...

I took a quick search of LHI in Hadit, and see they look like a 50/50 satisfaction rating, LOL. 

Any suggestions are appreciated,

Hamslice

I will be studying the associated DBQ's before hand, and taking copies of my medical records with.

• HadIt.com Elder
13 hours ago, brokensoldier244th said:

They don’t just set up a crappy X-ray to delay claims. The site has what it has. They are a contractor not directly related to va so it’s not like vha is going to buy them an X-ray. 

Well when a Veteran travels a good distance and in the back of a LHI C&P EXAM TRUCK   they should have the equip ready/and working...if a person is over weight  or just a big person  it should not matter the X--Ray should have took a good X-RAY

if it was check and in working condition before the exam   it should have  made good X-RAYS 

NOW BECAUSE OF IT & DID NOT GIVE A GOOD image OF THE X-Ray HE MAY HAVE TO TAKE ANOTHER Exam? ANOTHER X-Ray

this prolongs the waiting time for a claim to be approved.  or denied.  one of the two.

I got to go to my VAMC ON THE 3RD AND GET AN ENHANCE MRI  i SURE HOPE THAT MACHINE WORKS BUT THIS   NOT FOR A CLAIM BUT FOR MY HEALTH.

• HadIt.com Elder

wow that's a ways to travel  be sure and request your travel pay...

.I think the only time VA will not pay for travel pay is no scheduled appointment  or if you have a DRO Hearing and you have to travel to it....but they are not doing any DRO Hearings anymore  as I understand?

Hope their x-ray machine is working.

Buck,

According to the letter from LHI Care, they will pay my travel 30 days out after the appointment and that I do not have to do anything, it is already taken into consideration when I agreed to travel more that 30 miles, and I attend the appointment.

Not sure what they would have done if I said that I would not travel more than 30 miles?

Hamslice

• HadIt.com Elder
5 hours ago, Hamslice said:

Buck,

According to the letter from LHI Care, they will pay my travel 30 days out after the appointment and that I do not have to do anything, it is already taken into consideration when I agreed to travel more that 30 miles, and I attend the appointment.

Not sure what they would have done if I said that I would not travel more than 30 miles?

Hamslice

This is a new one on me  I always had to file for travel pay no matter how far it was  the letter from QTC  mention I will need to file  for the travel pay application from the VA to recieve the travel pay.

• HadIt.com Elder

I guess Anything is better than nothing..😉