VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Seeking Doctor to write nexus tieing service conected PTSD to my sleep apnea diagnosed in VA sleep study

Rate this question

timbalto

Question

I was denied the original filing about 3 months ago.  The C&P examiner said 'less likely than not' related.  Do I need a IMO from a psychologist, therapist, or sleep doctor.  Does anybody know of any in the Baltimore Md area?

• HadIt.com Elder

I wonder if their is any nexus between diabetes, high blood and sleep apnea?  Most of these aliments are related in some way to weight gain.  Heart disease, High blood and diabetes form a deadly trio.  Weight gain seems related to OSA and they all interact together.  I know VA tends to bury their heads in the sand and say"  Oh, No there is no connection between these things...duh".  It is just about the money with the VA. 

https://www.va.gov/OGC/docs/2017/VAOPGCPREC1-2017.pdf

Not sure how helpful this is or if it's already been discuss in regards to the link between weight gain and heart disease/high blood pressure/diabetes.

Obesity doesn't appear to be a disability per say but if using the service connect diagnosis of obesity as a "bridge condition" leading to/contributing to/aggravating other conditions considered disabling then I suppose those conditions would fall into the secondary conditions.

Also, it does appear that hypertension rated at 10% disabiling kinda gives you another 30% under renal dysfunction!

Rating
Renal dysfunction:  
Requiring regular dialysis, or precluding more than sedentary activity from one of the following: persistent edema and albuminuria; or, BUN more than 80mg%; or, creatinine more than 8mg%; or, markedly decreased function of kidney or other organ systems, especially cardiovascular 100
Persistent edema and albuminuria with BUN 40 to 80mg%; or, creatinine 4 to 8mg%; or, generalized poor health characterized by lethargy, weakness, anorexia, weight loss, or limitation of exertion 80
Constant albuminuria with some edema; or, definite decrease in kidney function; or, hypertension at least 40 percent disabling under diagnostic code 7101 60
Albumin constant or recurring with hyaline and granular casts or red blood cells; or, transient or slight edema or hypertension at least 10 percent disabling under diagnostic code 7101 30
Albumin and casts with history of acute nephritis; or, hypertension non-compensable under diagnostic code 7101

...an there is definitely a link between OSA and hypertension.

So lack of oxygen whilst sleeping--> kidneys kick on red blood cell production (to get more volunteers to bring in oxygen)-->increased red blood cell count --> increase blood pressure

probably way more simplified than need but yes, elevated blood pressure is a well known consequence of OSA.

Also in regard to the initial question. I think maybe both obstructive and central sleep apnea is linked to PSTD, make sure your NEXUS hits on both, the PSTD aggravates the Central Sleep Apnea which further contributes to and aggravates your Obstructive Sleep Apnea....idk, just a thought

obstructive-->physical obstruction link increase neck circumferance

central-->the nightmares/terrors, interruptions of REM sleep, not physical