VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

TDIU P&T, can you get much higher?

Rate this question

allansc2005

Question

Morning folks, hope all is well.

Got a veteran who was just awarded TDIU P&T, and one of his conditions used for that TDIU is PTSD which was previously rated at 70%.

Q. Can that PTSD be used as a precursor to obtain a SINGLE 100% scheduler rating, thus opening the door for seeking SMCs?

The veteran has a few other conditions that are not included in the TDIU for which a 60% rating is achievable in order to qualify for SMCs.

It's my understanding that the entire TDIU award in itself DOES NOT count as a SINGLE condition-100% that's required to file for SMCs.

Thanks,

Allan 2-2-0 HOOAH!!

@broken, yes you can have a 100% scheduler included in TDIU.

You ask for and receive an increase for one of your IU  conditions that adds up to 100%.

A month or two later the VA then "converts" your TDIU into 100% scheduler.

Happened to my brother. He was TDIU(90% scheduler), asked for and got one of his conditions that was in IU increased to 100%, and two months later he was 100% scheduler, and the TDIU went away.

• HadIt.com Elder
12 minutes ago, allansc2005 said:

@Buck, and contrary to popular belief, you CAN have ONE Scheduler rating at 100% and still be TDIU P&T.

That 100% I just mentioned is NOT moot, and can still fall under TDIU.

If your 100%scheduler  then that's what your rating is, if your rating is  TDIU P&Tunder the 100% rate then that's what your rating is   and your percent rating is under the 100% rating 

This is what TDIU IS FOR its for Veterans that do not meet the 100% scheduler rating  but their disability is so server it keeps this Veteran from finding any employment but his disability does not render the 100% scheduler.  (The #1 reason for the TDIU...SO ACTUALLY ITS A GOOD THING FOR THE VETERAN.

A Veteran can't have both ratings at the same time   its either TDIU OR 100%Scheduler

The only down side of being TDIU is your not suppose to work  vs a 100% scheduler Veteran who can work. 

In my opinion that's not fair  it should be equal  but at the same time the TDIU veterans disability did not render the 100% rating  but being paid at the 100% rate  so that's a good thing.

It kept my family from starving and a place to live.

8 minutes ago, allansc2005 said:

@broken, yes you can have a 100% scheduler included in TDIU.

You ask for and receive an increase for one of your IU  conditions that adds up to 100%.

A month or two later the VA then "converts" your TDIU into 100% scheduler.

Happened to my brother. He was TDIU(90% scheduler), asked for and got one of his conditions that was in IU increased to 100%, and two months later he was 100% scheduler, and the TDIU went away.

Thats what I just said. 🧐 I WAS TDIU for one set of things, then I had other ratings that were never part of the initial TDIU at the time granted that ended up making me scheduler 100%, and TDIU went away. 

This is my last post on this, after consulting both a rater currently working, and another that I know who is retired now but was rating at the time Peake was passed. 

Both of them said the following-  "The Court said that IU qualifies as a single 100 percent disability and that if you have additional disabilities not included in the IU determination that are 60 percent or greater, you qualify for statutory housebound. "

Thanks Buck, broken and Mr. cue,

I will take these comments, ideas, suggestions, experiences.., to my state director of the American Legion tomorrow, and see if our veterans have been given the correct information as it pertains to IU, SMC, Scheduler..

I have an issue here in my state with AL reps not giving veterans the correct information concerning VA pensions and disabilities.., and hopefully your input with clear up a little of the BIG mess.

Oh, by the way, your input form what I initially asked for was real, I do have a veteran who's getting nothing but pure BS concerning their IU concerns!

Once again, thanks!

Allan 2-2-0 HOOAH!

Here's what's cool about the VA.  What you need to do is file for it.  You never know what the VA will do with it. 

I don't have a single rating over 30, and from what I find quickly, I do not qualify for TDIU, however, after a deep dive, I could, according to some of the VA achieves I have read.

If you win, you are a winner, yeah,,

If you lose, you can appeal or forget.

If you keep asking questions and don't get an answer that you like, well you just wasted a bunch of time you could have been in the pickle barrel. 

The best EED is yesterday.

Get in the barrel,

Hamslice