VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

TDIU P&T, can you get much higher?

Rate this question

allansc2005

Question

Morning folks, hope all is well.

Got a veteran who was just awarded TDIU P&T, and one of his conditions used for that TDIU is PTSD which was previously rated at 70%.

Q. Can that PTSD be used as a precursor to obtain a SINGLE 100% scheduler rating, thus opening the door for seeking SMCs?

The veteran has a few other conditions that are not included in the TDIU for which a 60% rating is achievable in order to qualify for SMCs.

It's my understanding that the entire TDIU award in itself DOES NOT count as a SINGLE condition-100% that's required to file for SMCs.

Thanks,

Allan 2-2-0 HOOAH!!

3 hours ago, allansc2005 said:

Thanks Buck, broken and Mr. cue,

I will take these comments, ideas, suggestions, experiences.., to my state director of the American Legion tomorrow, and see if our veterans have been given the correct information as it pertains to IU, SMC, Scheduler..

I have an issue here in my state with AL reps not giving veterans the correct information concerning VA pensions and disabilities.., and hopefully your input with clear up a little of the BIG mess.

Oh, by the way, your input form what I initially asked for was real, I do have a veteran who's getting nothing but pure BS concerning their IU concerns!

Once again, thanks!

Allan 2-2-0 HOOAH!

Awesome. Im glad to hear that something out of our spirited discussion will hopefully help somebody.

I will say this about myself- im generationally removed from a lot of people on this site in the Mod type positions. They have been around VA longer than I have. I only have about 20 years dealing with them, and 1 yr working there, so my perspectives are a bit less jaded and suspicious on a lot of things. I didnt have my records burned up or flooded, or mis-scanned, or shredded, or any of that stuff.  I also understand that VA has sucked hard for a lot of people for years. My dad was one of them, and I have talked with and tried to help probably hundreds more at this point with some kind of direct intervention (meeting them in chat, direct messaging, etc) over the years.

I don't discount ANY of the frustrations that anyone on this site has had. I guess I come into the picture having come through training remotely, with large chunks of different record sets available to me digitally and timestamped, etc, though I see all the older files too so I know where you guys/girls are coming from, too. So, I guess, in a nutshell, Im trying to say that at least from my POV on the ground, there are objects in motion to try to make things better, faster, and to approach a better accuracy rate. lm very far removed from anyone wearing dress shoes and a tie, so I really can't speak to much of the higherend stuff.

I volunteer internally sometimes to test things, or look over forms for accuracy (in the middle of a project like that now) and stuff like that. There are alot of younger people that work there that while they may not have the negative experiences that a lot of you have had they DO have a desire to try to help and guide the system kicking and lurching into the 21st century. And there are a lot of vets that work here, even my age (40s) and under. 

• HadIt.com Elder

A TDIU P&T Rating is complicated to say the least  there are many ways a veteran can be granted  the TDIU P&T  Depending on the evidence that gets the Veteran the TDIU....BECAUSE HIS SC Disability is under the 100% rating but is only rated the lesser of the 100%   because this happens a lot  the VA is granted the IU for this veteran and his family  and he is paid the 100% rate.

being he is paid the 100% rate  his benefits are the same a sa 100% scheduler veteran,   if the IU Veteran is P&T then he is awarded the full benefits VA has to offer  with educational benefits for his spouse along with ChampVA Insurance.

They are times when the IU veteran files for other conditions that he gets service connected  rather a secondary condition , they look at the Veterans condition and the SMC Criteria to grant the Veteran the higher paying benefits.

SMC  is one of those benefits  depending on the severity of his conditions  from the extra condition that he files on as long as its a seperate rating of 60% or higher 

They are many steps up the SMC Latter  and it starts with the lowest SMC letter...after SMC S House bound    because he can't leave home for work...  then there is the A&A SMC For a higher rating and more money to the Veteran    again it all depends on the Veterans condition after he reaches the 100% level  or granted the TDIU P&T  Under the 100%

Also remember if a Veteran has been rated Total disabled by the VA  he is considered to be a 100% Veteran    rather or not he was granted the TDIU.  OR 100% Scheduler...the two are different but pays the same and this veteran can be rated lower than the 100%   so the key word here is ''TOTAL''Disabled 

I will say this  after the Veteran is rated TDIU P&T  OR 100% Scheduler    its then the SMC DOORS WILL OPEN UP  WHEN THIS VETERAN FILES FOR A SEPARATE DISTINCT CONDITION AND IS SERVICE CONNECTED AND A RATING GIVEN BY THE VA 60% OR HIGHER   THIS QUALIFIES  THIS VETERAN FOR THE SMC.

THE VA WILL FIGURE IT OUT AS TO WHAT SMC THIS VETERAN DESERVES   AND THEY ARE REQUIRED BY lAW TO RATE THIS VETERAN TO THE FULLEST RATING ALLOWED BY LAW.

All Veterans  male and female need to know this Information.

I agree with brokensolider244th   so this too will be my last posting on this subject.

I don’t know if I am owed back pay or should look the Obamacare penalties I paid in 2017 and 2018 if true. But I was made IU P and T Nov. 2016 and yet wasn’t awarded any other benefits like ChampVA until I filed an increase in 2017 and was made 100% scheduler and p and T mid year...... but to answer the question when I was made IU P and T I was made SMC S as An IU receiver