VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

ssdi cessation help

Rate this question

11cvolley

Question

SO I been on ssdi since 2011 or 2012 for ptsd. I am rated 100% p&t for ptsd by the VA. I just had a cdr and they're going to stop my ssdi. The reason they gave is this, 'Medical evidence in file shows that you do have mental health conditions. However, your conditions are not so severe as to meet the requirements for social security disability. We have considered your mental health conditions and have determined that you are still capable of simple work that does not require sustained social interaction. 

We do not have sufficient vocational information in file to determine if you are able to perform any of your past work. However, based on the evidence in file, we have determined that you can adjust to other work.

Questions:

1. I am requesting a reconsideration and that my payments continue, but The letter I just got today, 03-05-2021, is dated 02-26-2021 and SSA office is closed already. So I'll take it on Monday, but it'll be past 10 days... Will they continue my payments?

2. During this cdr I asked my new va ptsd doctor, last one retired, to write me up a letter stating their opinion on my ability to work. She claimed she couldn't or that the VA doesn't allow that anymore. Is there a way I can get an opinion letter from the va? She has told me it is her opinion I can not work at all and that it is reflected in my medical notes.

3. Is there any other steps I need to take before my first hearing?

1 hour ago, pacmanx1 said:

No problem, it's just that money is really tight and giving up any portion for any amount of time seems a bit much. Yes, we get regular checks but when those checks come and go, we/I need to find a way for them to stay a little longer. 

Luckily I had between 600 and 700 left over every month after assuming 700 for food, gas, household needs. So having to put 235 in escrow every month isn't to bad.