VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Regulatory or Procedural Review

Rate this question

scooter318

Question

Hi Everyone

I logged in today to check the status of my BVA claim and it said "Your regulatory or procedural review – Received March 12, 2021 has been closed as of March 12, 2021". But when I look at the claim it's still open so I called the 1 800 number and the guy acted like he didn't  know what that means and told me that I'll be receiving a packet in the mail within 7-10 days. Has anyone seen this before and if so what actually does this mean and thanks in advance for the help and I look forward to your replies.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Yes, I have heard of this before.  You are gonna need to wait for the envelope to find out.  

However, there is a way.....

Ignore the rest of ebeneftis/va.gov but go to the "letters" section.  See if you can print out a letter.  If you can it should give you your "new" compensation pay.  (but not the correct effective date).  

You could also call your VSO/attorney and ask them to look in your VBMS file.  IT may say something. 

Hi Broncovet

This is my situation, I was at 40% for sciatic nerve paralysis and they lowered me to 20%. But in the mean time I  was rated at 70% for PTSD which currently put me at 87% which rounds to 90%. So by me getting back to 20% it would move me from 87% to actually 90% so I won't be getting an increase but when I check my disabilities the sciatica is still at 20% and the case still shows open as of today but I'm getting this letter in the mail and that's what's confusing me because in the past when I've gotten these letters the case has been closed.

Did you appeal the "lowering" of your rating?  Did your nerve paralysis "actually improve"?  

If you post the contents of the letter we can help you, cover your name and identifying information.  

This is what happened, I went in for an increase because my back has gotten worse and they denied me and they sent me a letter saying that they were going to reduce me from 40% to 20%. So I appealed the decision and went before a BVA judge. He asked me about my condition and I told him how bad my back has gotten and the medications that I take for back pain. He told me that he had looked through my files and he saw that the VA has never reevaluated me to see if my condition has gotten better and they couldn't lower my rating with out an exam. So I was under the impress that after him saying that it would be a clean cut case but I was just confused when I saw the case was still open and they put this Regulatory or Procedural Review update saying I'll receive a letter in the mail in 7-10 days.