VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Best Military, Veteran, discounts

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

Best military/Veteran discounts

https://www.hustlermoneyblog.com/category/military-discounts/

I picked "some" of the discounts, here:

Apple, Lowes, Home Depot, HP, TMobile, Chrysler, Ford, GM, Honda, American Airlines, Marriot, hundreds more.  Resteraunts, phones, cars, airlines, and more.  

If you are not "asking" about these, when you visit these places, dont complain to me you are broke!  

Recently, I upgraded my computer to IMAC, and Apple gave me 250 dollars off.   This was from Apple, but it was at my base exchange so I also did not have to pay sales tax.  

I recommend "asking" for your military/Veteran discount.  It puts pressure on them to offer it, even if they dont currently!  

CAUTION:   Beware of scams!   As an example AT and T offers a "discount" for military, but its a "fake discount" because you can get PREPAID ATT at a much lower price WITHOUT the military discount.  You cant get the military discount on prepaid AT and T, only the much more expensive post paid.  Many other companies do that, Home Depot gives 10 percent but only if the item is not on sale or already discounted.  That is why I shop at Lowes, they give 10 percent on everything, including appliances on sale.  

Edited by broncovet

• HadIt.com Elder

Here were I live  they give the 10% discount at Home Depot  rather or an Item  is on sale or not not , they never question me when I present my military ID Card  and also I am registered with Home Depot as a disabled 100% disabled Veteran/you can go online at the Home Depot web site and register .

I have no problems at Lowes...or any other places that honor the discount for Veterans.

I never got a discount at car dealerships  or clothing places like Ross Target, JC Pennys ect,,ect,, on Tuesdays Ross offers a 10% discount to age 55 and over.  they call it a senior citizen discount for 10% of your purchase price.

I have ask other places of business if they offer Veterans discounts  and they abruptly say NO WE DON'T.

but if we don't ask we won't get a discount if they offer one  most places/business  won't tell us they offer a discount.

what helps us more than anything is buying groceries  we get a big discount on buying gasoline  sometimes the discount is like 60/70 cents  off on  each gallon of gas you buy.  and that helps now with Gas prices on the rise.

• HadIt.com Elder

I need to let all Veterans know this  if you already know it then pass it along

AT ALL CVS Pharmacy's Across the country...when you go pick up a prescription ask the clerk for a coupon  it takes them about 15 minutes to get the coupon  and it will save you over 40/ 50% or more on your purchase price of your prescriptions   but the kicker here is  you have to ask them to get the discount coupon.

you can say my Dr had me to ask you about a discount coupon  can you get me one?  and the clerk will say sure  but it maybe about a 15 minute wait...they have to  get on the computer to get the coupon   but it's worth the wait.

This helps out veterans  that don't use the VA for their meds. and you do not need to be a Veteran to get the savings coupon..but you need to ask them for it.

Pretty much, we pay "zero" for prescriptions, mostly.  Of course, I get mine free at VA.  

Wifey has Champva "meds by mail" and there is no deductable/copay (there may be a 50 dollars a year deductable, not sure).  THIS is 50 times better than buying the prescription drug plan then paying for copays/deductables on meds.  Free beats copays and deductables every time.  Oh, and also we dont have to pay for the medicare advantage prescription plan, either, when we cancelled it.  

(Champva does not let you enroll in "meds by mail" if you have a prescription drug plan.  So we cancelled our prescription drug plan, use champva meds by mail and it saves thousands per year.  )

In December, "Humana" (our medicare advantage plan) sent me a 500 gift card (only good on "medicine, med supplies and related stuff like bandaids, but even covered toothpaste and tooth brushes".  One for me, and another for my wife.  We used it all, every penny.  

Wifey had a copay for her dental, and we used the card for that, and we bought stuff like covid masks and stuff on the gift card.  And, I bought vitamins, too, a six month supply, on the humana gift card until we used it all.  

12 hours ago, broncovet said:

Home Depot gives 10 percent but only if the item is not on sale or already discounted.  That is why I shop at Lowes, they give 10 percent on everything, including appliances on sale. 

I used to work at Lowe's in information systems and our executive used to call Home Depot "agent orange"

If anyone happens to use CBD oil Lazarus Naturals gives a very generous discount to disabled veterans. 

"To ensure access to CBD, we provide a 60% discount to veterans and individuals with disabilities, or low-income households, because everyone deserves to experience the power of CBD."

https://www.lazarusnaturals.com