VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Best Military, Veteran, discounts

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

Best military/Veteran discounts

https://www.hustlermoneyblog.com/category/military-discounts/

I picked "some" of the discounts, here:

Apple, Lowes, Home Depot, HP, TMobile, Chrysler, Ford, GM, Honda, American Airlines, Marriot, hundreds more.  Resteraunts, phones, cars, airlines, and more.  

If you are not "asking" about these, when you visit these places, dont complain to me you are broke!  

Recently, I upgraded my computer to IMAC, and Apple gave me 250 dollars off.   This was from Apple, but it was at my base exchange so I also did not have to pay sales tax.  

I recommend "asking" for your military/Veteran discount.  It puts pressure on them to offer it, even if they dont currently!  

CAUTION:   Beware of scams!   As an example AT and T offers a "discount" for military, but its a "fake discount" because you can get PREPAID ATT at a much lower price WITHOUT the military discount.  You cant get the military discount on prepaid AT and T, only the much more expensive post paid.  Many other companies do that, Home Depot gives 10 percent but only if the item is not on sale or already discounted.  That is why I shop at Lowes, they give 10 percent on everything, including appliances on sale.  

Edited by broncovet

• HadIt.com Elder

broncovet

I can only imagine most of us Veterans do get our meds from the VA and our spouses use the Meds by mail  from being on ChampVA  and there is a 50.00 deductible per year on the first of every new year.

it also helps to be on Medicare  A&B .

Which were both on. 

And yes the meds are free after the 50.00 per year deductible.

My question  is when your out-sourced  by a  REFERAL FROM YOUR VA DR.  to  the Mission act CCP community Care Program  and the Private Dr writes  you a prescription .....  we  use CVS Pharmacy              you can't get these Meds from the VA  So we  use CVS Pharmacy. 

This is why I mention to ask about the CVS Medication discount Coupon.

We have to pay out of pocket for these Meds  and hope and pray we can get Reinversed for them.

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

kanewnut

I wonder if that's why Home Depot  is Painted  that bright Orange..lol

Not sure this is true or not  but I heard that the owner of Home Depot  was once married to the owner of Lowe's Before there was a Lowe's .

They Divorce and the spouse created the Lowe's Store  and painted the storefront Blue...😉

And are always trying to out sale each other..

I LOVE BOTH STORES.

Edited by Buck52

Buck posted:

we  use CVS Pharmacy              you can't get these Meds from the VA 

There is your answer.  DONT USE CVS.   Im not sure how wifey does it, but she has em call in prescriptions to meds by mail, so there is no cost.  You get to pick your pharmacy..not your doctor.  You tell them "where" you want prescriptions sent.  You are right, "champva does not carry ALL meds".  But get the ones you can get there.  https://www.myhealth.va.gov/mhv-portal-web/ss20190715-champva.  ebenefits allows you to order champva meds, according to this web page.  

I try not to "pick up expensive habits".  And, CVS is expensive.  Walmart is cheaper.  Yep, its often quicker to use CVS.  So, you chose which is most important...picking up/dropping off prescriptions quickly or trashing your finances.  

I have found CVS to be the most expensive prescriptions on the planet.  "Good rx" is a app, that "shops" the pharmacy prices for you AND compares, often applies a online courpon.  We use Kroger pharmacy.  Its not as cheap as walmart, but faster, closer, and its not worth the gas for us to drive to Walmart for a dollar or less differnce between Walmart and Kroger.  I use good rx whenever we have to buy meds unavailable on champva meds by mail.  It saves mucho dinero.  

Of course, if its an emergency medication, then you cant use meds by mail.  My suggestion:  email champva, you have his email, and ask him what to do!  I think his name was bob johnson, champva.  

• HadIt.com Elder

We never had a price issue with CVS Pharmacy's ? matter fact their prices beat just about everyone else around town  to include the Wal-marts and  other pharmacies around town, we have used them all but with the discount coupon CVS its hard to beat the price...I am for shopping around to find the better//cheaper'' price for medications  but so for CVS Pharmacy meets our price.

(Maybe different parts of the country have cheaper or higher prices?)

CVS usually they have what we need  they may not have some medications that are very rarely prescribe but you will find that at most pharmacies.

For Issues to solve with ChampVA The Name to contact ChampVA  is Glenn Johnson at  303-331-7864    if he is not in his office just leave your name and #  he will call you back as soon as he can. 

HE MAY NOT CAN DO ANYTHING ABOUT PRICES OF YOUR MEDICATION BUT HE CAN GIVE YOU THE INFORMATION YOU NEED TO GET YOUR MEDICATIONS  ,  HE CAN LET YOU KNOW WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO GET SET UP FOR ''MEDS BY MAIL'' 

IF YOUR SPOUSE HAS Champ VA then your a  TDIU P&T OR 100% P&T DISABLED VETERAN.    OR YOU HAVE A SPECAIL RATING UNDER THE 100%  BUT YOU ARE P&T.

I am sure  most veterans shop around to find a price they can afford   and they may find a pharmacy that beats CVS Prices (depending on the medication)  and I would not blame them if they got the better price  if  its what is in the Veterans area and lower price than CVS   then yes definitely take the lower price. medications. (ITS A NO BRAINER)

CVS has always come through for us  for the medications we take   but my spouse gets most of her meds by  meds by mail  but the ones she can't get by meds by mail we have to pay for those   and CVS is the best price for us.  SHE PAYS THE DIFFERENCE WHAT EVERYONE ELSE WON'T PAY   BUT ITS USUALLY NOT THAT MUCH  I THINK ONE PERTICULARY MED SHE TAKES SHE HAS TO PAY ABOUT 39.00 BUCKS DIFFERENCE  WHAT CHAPMVA AND MEDICARE DON'T PAY SHE PAYS THE OFF SET PRICE.

WE HAVE NOT FOUND ANY PHARMACY CHEAPER THAN CVS Using the discount coupon.  but you need to ask the clerk for it.  they don't volunteer the coupon.

Edited by Buck52

If you download "good rx" on your phone, it compares all the major pharmacy prices, and shows digital coupons available.  I use it.  There are probably other apps also, Im just familiar with that one.  CVS was "the most expensive" on good rx.  And not by a little, either.  By a lot.  

We have seen "widely varying" prices on drugs..from over $100 to under $20,"with the coupon deducted".  

• HadIt.com Elder

Well good for you

.I'll stay with CVS because they have the best prices in town   here where I Live.