VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

IRS Stimulus info

Rate this question

Berta

Question

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

The "get my payment" area  is updated every day.

My neighbor , a veteran, just got his by direct deposit-I think it is dated for tomorrow.

Those who will be getting a check will probably get it by end of the month.

I am getting calls from locals who never got the last stimulus.

Many never filed a tax return, for years.

The IRS site above tells them what they need to do.

Unfortunately these are local people who do not have a computer, and are unwilling to try to use the free computers our local libraries have, where they can even get an email account. I am sure the librarians would help them.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

They worked. My wife is a librarian she does it all day.

They got the tool up and running on Saturday. Early for IRS, But my tax return is 5 weeks old now.....

I had another thought too- about libraries-I got my first COVID vaccine last week-

I tried for weeks to get an appointment with a pharmacy I always get my shots at but they apparently have not gotten more vaccine yet- so I went to the Office of the Aging web site , and found my county info and I was able to apply fr an appointment on line, at a pharmacy a little closer than the one I always use.

Also I was able to fill out one of the two forms they require and submit it on line- this was a week ago Saturday and on Tuesday they called me for a Wednesday appointment.

I didn't have to wait long to get the vaccine but many seniors were talking about how hard it had been for them to even get an appointment until they found someone who could get on a computer and find one for them. We are still in a Stay at Home situation, and many do not let anyone else into their home,to help with appointments , unless it is a family member, who is not under a quarantine.

I am sure the librarians would help with that as well.

Our libraries were closed due to COVID for many months, but are now open for everyone.

Ours were as well, for about 4 months. They were only doing holds/reserved retrieval and the packing them up for patrons to come to the outer doors and get them. We've been 'open' to varying degrees since probably August, just with reduced linger time allowed. 

I did not have good luck with this site, tho Im sure this does not apply to many others.  While I file taxes each year, I almost never have to pay taxes and almost never get a tax refund, either.  

I tried to update my payment information some time ago, and that would not work either.  

I think IRS is "rather upset" congress passed this bill "right at tax season.  It reminds me of trying to sell the owner of a restaurant a coffee machine "right at lunchtime" when he is incredibly busy.  

There were politicians who delayed working on stimulus payment legislation for political reasons....for months..

So, now it comes at tax time, and people are not gonna be happy about that.  Its gonna result in delayed checks, and many need that money.  IRS is incredibly busy at tax time, and this is just one thing more for them.  

I had to amend my tax return about 18 months ago, and IRS has yet to process this amended return.  My tax accountant says its frustrating, when IRS is "this far behind".  

If you expect glitches in your stimulus payment, you are unlikely to be disappointed.  

If your bank is Chase or Wells Fargo, its probably gonna be "even worse":

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/wells-fargo-chase-third-stimulus-check-delay-timing

Fortunately, for me, Im not gonna put off buying groceries or paying rent waiting for my stimulus payment.  Still, I do have uses for that money and cant see why they dont use previous year's banking information, when it has not changed.  But maybe that is problematic also..what if they sent that money to a previous bank, and it gets stuck in LA LA LAND.  

OF COURSE, This can and probably will STILL happen, even if they got a tax refund 2 months ago, as some people will have changed banks during this 2 month period.  

Edited by broncovet

I get a tax refund every year to include this year, and that was about a month ago.  I bank some at USAA and have everything direct deposited there.  I have not received notice yet for this stimulus, but some say their banks say tomorrow, so I should get a notice after midnight tonight.  

Already bought an old truck and old tractor for the collection,

Hamslice

Should probably check to see what the little woman wants before its all gone..