VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

BVA APPEAL SLEEP APNEA

Rate this question

NAVY NC

Question

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

That's because they can't. It doesn't excuse theirrudeness or directness, but their ability to see things is a little more limited than people assume. They can't see whole parts off your claim file, for example, and they aren't poas so the level of access they have is limited. 

Edited by brokensoldier244th

• HadIt.com Elder
1 hour ago, brokensoldier244th said:

That's because they can't. It doesn't excuse there rudeness or directness, but their ability to see things is a little more limited than people assume. They can't see whole parts off your claim file, for example, and they aren't poas so the level of access they have is limited. 

Our c-file is copied over into a CD disk correct?

I must be not understand this? you say they don't have parts of the c-file? looks to me like if they have a way to read the c-file  they can read anything in it?

I realize the authorization  about the POA and the reading of our records especially our c-file but if anyone gets their hands on our c-file and has a computer  why then can't they read all of it?

How would someone only be able to read a part of it?  unless you mean what ever record  they send to someone to read...like Peggy?

• HadIt.com Elder

Well if they log in...and have access to our c-file   ...unless the security clearance is limited and only shows different parts of the c-file? like numbered pages.

Our C-files have numbered pages ..I have over 4 thousand pages in my c-file and counting.

brokensolider  you must be referring to the VBMS? I Think its called something else now days?

I keep tract of  my numbered pages in my c-file  if I want to look something up and know what number page its on  saves a lot of time trying to find it.

I just go to that page #

so that is probably what you mean they do.  and only give out that information that is on that particular page   although there are several copied pages through out the c-file.  nothing is in proper order  ...> they add  copies and take away different records  to much...  at least that's what it looks like they do with my c-file.

Example I have a very important record that could possible change my EED  the copy is my TDIU FILE CLAIM when I first filed for the IU .

I HAVE THE FRONT PAGE BUT THE SECOND PAGE IS  MISSING...IT HAS THE DATE ON IT THAT I NEED,,,,,,IF WE DON'T HAVE THOSE COPIES  THEN IT MAKES IT HARD TO HAVE OUR EVIDENCE IN TACT WE NEED TO CHANGE THE OUTCOME.

I FIND THAT VERY STRANGE!!

Have you ever notice most V.A.  SECS DON'T LAST BUT ABOUT 2 YEARS WITH THE VA Since 1989

Edited by Buck52

Deletion of a document from a C file is not a phone employee or a VSR, or a Rater authorized process. It requires supervisory approval with a documented reason. 

Yes, The phone people have a limited view of VBMS- I know they can see the 'messages/notes' section- which is what we use to annotate daily what 'we' (whomever worked on it) did to your file that day. Some entries are generated automatically, others we type in ourselves. Phone contact people can see upcoming appointments and stuff, and they may be able to see when an appointment is completed and a report is uploaded  but they can't see the actual report. They don't have POA for any of you, that's why. 90+% of VBMS is PII and PHI subject to federal privacy laws. It is not paginated, either- its not like looking at a book w/chapters. Its a catalogue of uploads by date. They are also supposed to upload an 0820 Record of contact form into the record so that we can see those- say you want to cancel an appt and you call the phone people rather than the Vendor. They put the request on an 0820 and stick it in your Efolder. That new upload triggers your file to be reassigned to someone because of the new upload at the next available time the system sends out workable files, several times a day.

Sometimes supervisors will also pull files at our request. I did one like that yesterday, I finally got a batch file of someone's SSA records so that I could upload them into VBMS and send him to rate since that was all that it was waiting on. I didnt have his file assigned to me- it was in the 'open' queue because nothing new had happened to it. I had it requested back to me so I could upload since SSA and DPRIS only email/link back to the individual requestor for a file request. Its cumbersome, and it sucks if it takes a few days for SSA (in this case) to update and generate the file because now I have to go track down where the Efile is located and if its assigned to someone else and either send the records to them to upload or request it back to me. 

I upload something from Capri today-could be 1 page, could be 500. It gets logged with a subject of whatever I type in there, and the date (system generated) as 1 link to a pdf of the whole thing.

We don't see 'page numbers' we see document files. If you don't have an approximate date of when it was sent, or didnt label it descriptively in the filename when you upload it then we have to guess and go find it.

You upload something-, could be 1 page could be 20. It depends on how you upload it if it shows up as 1 link or 20. Some veterans scan and upload every single page of something, with no descriptive subject line and they dont save it as a single file, so we get 100 pages of individual 1 page uploads that the system auto labels as 'correspondence' that we then have to go through and label each page with a subject of what it is with a category (fed record, federal trtmnt, non-federal trtmnt, form number, whatever). 

You are correct- many things are not in proper order, except by date uploaded. Then you have POA's, Lawyers, Voc Rehab, Raters, whatever, all uploading things. When you request your Cfile it goes into a queue, when its processed it takes every link in your Cfile and burns it to a disc as of that minute. If its processing and I upload something else to it- thats not going to be in the CD. The Cfile is a moving target that is updated multiple times a day by many different people, whoever works on your claim at that moment. 

Edited by brokensoldier244th

• HadIt.com Elder

Roger that broken  I understand what your saying here  I appreciate  your feed back.

Maybe its a good Ideal for Veterans to request their c-file about every 2 or 3 years  just to see what has been added in?

I been thinking about requesting my c-file  although I don't have any claims in at this time  but   but but if I get my new up-dated c-file there's a possibility I may have what I need now?   never know? unless its in the ''updated'' c-file.

I received my cd c-file about 6 years ago around 2014/15  it maybe a good Ideal to request it again?