VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Followup C&P Exam Notification

Rate this question

vet435

Question

Hi,

I received a phone call (voicemail) asking about scheduling a C&P exam and also a letter saying that a request was filed "on my behalf." From what I understand, don't they send you an appointment date and time in a letter if it's for a followup C&P exam?

I'm currently 100% total, but not permanent, however I haven't received a request for a C&P exam in over a decade.

Is this normal? I'm absolutely terrified of anything VA related let alone C&P examinations so I'm hesitant to just "schedule one and see what happens" if I don't have to.

Would it seem odd if I asked the scheduler if this was due to an unfinished claim that they just got around to rather than a current rating? I have some residual unfinished claims from the past, but they're basically for the same thing I've already been given a rating for and are just kind of sitting there doing nothing.

Thanks.

1 answer to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Vet435 I wouldn't get all tide up with procedure; the C&P exam process has a lot of changes due to most being outside sourced now. What I would do is call the number on the voicemail and find out who, where, and for what. They can tell you what they are supposed to examine you for. Then I would also call Peggy and find out what you can; you want to know e exactly what the exam is for. If it is for a disability that is on an open claim, you have to go for sure, unless you want to withdraw. If you're TDIU, you have to go. If they tell you that your exam is on one or more of your disabilities that is not static, you have to go. You go even if it is a static condition but you can try to get it cancelled if it is a mistake. If it is something you haven't gotten examined for 10 years, you might want to attend and ask if you can get your condition permanent and total. After 10 years it might make sense if your condition hasn't improved.