VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How long after BVA hearing before I get a decision?

Rate this question

scooter318

Question

Hi Everyone

Back in November I had a teleconference with a BVA judge about having my rating for Sciatic nerve paralysis  returned to 40% which the VA reduced to 20%. During the call the judge said that he looked through my records and he saw that the VA hadn't done any examinations to see if my condition had improved so by VA law they  couldn't reduce me just based off 1 C&P exam. At the end of the call he said I should be getting a decision soon, shortly after the claim said I had 90 days to submit evidence in support of my case and  the 90 day mark was February 10th. I just wanted to know could some shed light on how long after you see the judge will the decision be rendered and the case closed.

6 answers to this question

The answer you might not want to hear is “no one knows.”

The VBA will get around to it whenever they decide to do so. This is where finding a hobby can be beneficial as it serves as a much needed distraction from the VBA hamster wheel.

Regardless, I hope your decision will arrive soon and in your favor.

• HadIt.com Elder

What Happens After The Hearing? After the hearing, the judge will issue a decision. The judge may send your case back to your VA Regional Office (this is called a remand) to correct errors that may have been made. Or the judge may deny your appeal or may grant your benefits to you.

FROM 30 DAYS TO 248 DAYS.288 DAYS.....>   NO ONE KNOWS HOW LONG.

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

I would go out on a limb and say  IF the judge rules in your favor and didn't request you have another C&P Exam

I'd say the decision should come soon maybe within the 30 days or little after.

but the judge could remand it back to your R.O. to set you up another C&P.? WE DON'T KNOW?

Your going to just have to wait for the decision   so do something to bid your time  and don't dwell on it,  like was said  find you a hobby or stay busy with something.

All answers are correct.

You will receive a positive outcome based on the information you posted.

Patience..........

Hopefully, something in the next thirty days clarifying the situation.

I am in the exact same boat as you. My appeal was issued in May 2015, certified to board Nov 2017, received video conference with judge Nov 2020, the 90 day evidence gathering was over in Feb 2021, and here I stand with no clue. Now on VA.gov it states that my appeal is still waiting to be sent to a judge and I have almost 48K appeals ahead of me. So keep me posted when you get your decision that might help me some idea. 

Sam