VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Not a question but a comment.

Rate this question

jamescripps2

Question

My bank account got a boost this morning due to a retro deposit as a result of a grant for an increase from R-1 to a R-2 rating. I filed a ready to rate claim on Feb 1, 2021. My C&P exam was preformed on Feb.12, 2021 and the claim was granted on March 16, 2021. I also was awarded an increase on Chloracne from 0% to 20%. I was awarded another 30 % for painful scars. I have seventeen rated scars, most scars are from four to fifteen inches long. I did not file on the scars, they were discovered on the C&P exam and awarded as a result of VA's duty to assist. 

I also have a COVA case pending for an earlier effective date of SMC R-1. I have won a joint motion for remand and the case is at the BVA awaiting a new decision at this time. I expect a decision in May or June.

I would like to thank all of the folks at Hadit for the years of correspondence, advice, and encouragement. I also must say that a lot of this would not have been likely without the experience, words of wisdom, and information provided from Alex Graham. 

I began my claims process sixteen years ago in 2005. My first success and grant was on November 2, 2009 with the first ever Agent Orange exposure claim granted for exposure at a post or base inside CONUS. That win was for 100% plus an "S" award and 1-K.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a ride!”

Hunter S. Thompson     STOLEN FROM ASKNOD'S BLOG!

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

James You have been an inspiration and excellent resource for fellow veterans for many years. Congrats to you and thank you.

• HadIt.com Elder

Congratulation James

This is how the process should work  especially the DTA.

Thank you for your all your help here on hadit as well and the exposed vet podcast radio shows with JBasser & Jerald Cook

Thank you for sharing this with us.

God Bless you brother.

True hero? Nah, just a run of bad luck, but I served with, and personally know, a lot of true heroes!

James u just gave me life it can be done.

Hadit has help many as myself also.

I also have a cavc appeal that was just remand to bva to address smc r 1 or 2. Hoping  for decision soon.

It make me happy to see veteran get all the benfits they deserve.