VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

HLR Closed

Rate this question

MMTOTZ

Question

Good afternoon. Was checking to see if anyone had any insight to what might be going on. 
Last night checked my HLR appeal status and it says it was closed. Not that a decision was made, not that anything was sent out, only to contact VA or VSO. 
My issues are no longer listed. 

I had my informal conference a week ago. Thought it went well. She said it should probably  close last Friday or this past Monday, but it closed a week later. 

Being it is the weekend, not sure what to expect. If anything should be updated yet, or if to expect any changes anywhere this quickly. 

• HadIt.com Elder

MMTOTZ It could be that they have found an error on their part and it will mean you need a new C&P exam because of it. If you have a VSO, they can look into VBMS and read the notes. Check your direct deposit and see if they have issued you a grant. It also could be that ebenefits is wrong; nothing unusual about that either. If no VSO, wait about 7-10 days for your decision letter and you will find out more.

6 hours ago, GBArmy said:

MMTOTZ It could be that they have found an error on their part and it will mean you need a new C&P exam because of it. If you have a VSO, they can look into VBMS and read the notes. Check your direct deposit and see if they have issued you a grant. It also could be that ebenefits is wrong; nothing unusual about that either. If no VSO, wait about 7-10 days for your decision letter and you will find out more.

Thank you for the insight. 
I ‘ll keep an eye open for any changes. 

• HadIt.com Elder

I'd call Peggy, 800-827-1000, and see if the rep can shed any light on what is going on. Ask "is there a request for another C&P exam? If yes, ask "with who and for what." If the rep can't/won't tell you, call the C&P examiner and they can tell you. If it's the VA, the rep should be able to say "for what." You will find out eventually in any case. The VA is just doing their thing. Nor to worry.

Good morning all. 

Had an update this morning that everything had closed as of 2 days ago. Yesterday had old information on it. 

So far, no updates on disabilities page. Is it safe to call it as denied?  
The C&P exam left me on edge as the doctor didn’t have his network working, nor seem to write anything down. Then they sent everything for a medical opinion. 

Should I give it a couple more days? 

Thank you. 

• HadIt.com Elder

MMTOTZ Your're dealing with the VA here. Not exactly the best business practices regarding customer service.

Yes, give it like 10 business days; if a decision has been made, they won't talk about it if you haven't received the decision letter until 10 days has passed. If you go that long, call and they can then email you a copy pronto.Yup, it could be denied; or, maybe approved. You can call "Peggy" 800-827-1000 and see if they will tell you anything, but they won't. What you could do though is check your direct deposit; awards sometimes are deposited if you win before the letter arrives. Good luck and don't get discouraged if denied or if you get low-balled on the rating. Keep working on it.