VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dro Review How Long After Dro Reply....

Rate this question

Joe Tex

Question

I had a DRO Review call last week.

My question is when I receive a decision from the DRO review what is the time limit (does the DRO Review start the time clock back to one to one year again) to decide on the next step Supplemental or NOD.

Just trying to stay ahead of the decision making, depending on what the DRO review decision is.

Also same question for the supplemental review, is that the same, does the time clock start over, and is it one year or sooner reply from me to decide on NOD for appeal to the BVA?

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

We truly can't say  how long a DRO will take to make a decision?

If your DRO was not favorable  then it may not be good? or what you expeted.

DRO can make a decision right there on the spot with you in attendance or virtual meeting.

if he did not make a decision on your claim when you had your meeting with him  it could be anybody's guess  how long.

I'd give it a couple months  maybe sooner.

I had a DRO Hearing  in the old legacy format claims process (Jan 2003) and the DRO made a decision that day   but it took couple months to process it.

If your denied  you have one year to Appeal from the date you received your denial letter.to send in your NOD  but the claim will be from when you first filed.

if I understand your question?

DRO's are not done any more since last year.  THey have been replaced with SCL (with new evidence) or HLR (without new evidence).  

You have a year from the date on the decision letter to appeal it.  

SCL and HLR are also 1 year from date of decision.  I dont recommend waiting, however, if the decision is disputed, why wait?  

Edited by broncovet

• HadIt.com Elder

broncovet

I am thinking he is in the HRL  and just waiting on a decision?  he wants to know how long it takes the DRO to make a decision   after he had his review with the DRO.

I AM NOT SURE WHAT HE MEANS BY THIS (Obvious he has more than one claim  awaiting decision?

''Joe Tex Quote....'' Also same question for the supplemental review, is that the same, does the time clock start over, and is it one year or sooner reply from me to decide on NOD for appeal to the BVA? ''   if you denied at the SCL   YOU CAN BY PASS THE HLR  AND GO STRAIGHT TO THE BVA

I would say no the clock don't start over if you get your appeal in .in time before the year deadline.  you will be paid retro back to when you win. OR When ever your EED is.