VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

QTC exam that does not require attendance

Rate this question

Foxhound6

Question

Got a letter regarding my deferred neck claim from recent exam. QTC has to send my file to another MD to review and fill out the DBQ based on last exam I had (which was only a few weeks ago). I assume this could be due to the person who did my exam was not qualified to complete that specific DBQ? This is a new one for me lol

Edited by Foxhound6

• HadIt.com Elder
5 hours ago, Foxhound6 said:

Got a letter regarding my deferred neck claim from recent exam. QTC has to send my file to another MD to review and fill out the DBQ based on last exam I had (which was only a few weeks ago). I assume this could be due to the person who did my exam was not qualified to complete that specific DBQ? This is a new one for me lol

I would thank so to Foxhound.

3 hours ago, kanewnut said:

The best I can remember the same individual did my lumbar and cervical at the same time.

That has been my experience too. The examiner that did my back also examined my neck. So I can only assume he maybe did not have the "proper VA credentials" to complete the specific DBQ. Or it involves more than originally thought and needed someone slightly more qualified to complete it? The original QTC examiner was a general MD. The new exam (or review since I wont be attending) is being done by an Internal Medicine MD. So some more education there that covers a broad spectrum. I actually used an internist to complete an IMO for me as it related to this claim so I can see that happening.

They wouldn't have been doing the exam in general if they hadn't cleared at least the basic VA hurdles. More likely it was a staffing issue with the vendor, or the first vendor didnt do part of the DBQ and sent it in, and we kicked it back to them saying ???! fix it. In that case it can get re-routed to someone else. We have no idea the how or why they schedule their people as they do, as they don't fall under us. It could have simply been a crunch for time, or any number of other things. The vendors schedule as they will and we get the updates as to who they have scheduled to see who almost the same as you do, though we can log into their portals and look if we want to check while you might still be waiting for a phone call or letter. 

7 hours ago, brokensoldier244th said:

They wouldn't have been doing the exam in general if they hadn't cleared at least the basic VA hurdles. More likely it was a staffing issue with the vendor, or the first vendor didnt do part of the DBQ and sent it in, and we kicked it back to them saying ???! fix it. In that case it can get re-routed to someone else. We have no idea the how or why they schedule their people as they do, as they don't fall under us. It could have simply been a crunch for time, or any number of other things. The vendors schedule as they will and we get the updates as to who they have scheduled to see who almost the same as you do, though we can log into their portals and look if we want to check while you might still be waiting for a phone call or letter. 

This makes sense. I would hope its not a negative thing per se. Hoping since back was approved this one will too but just done by another doc.

Just an update via the BBE I received. The cervical spine was deferred due to the following:

Clarification of conflicting medical evidence and new medical opinion. 

Unsure as to what was conflicting, same info they've had really. Maybe the examiner mentioned something.