VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

DC codes for Back Spasms

Rate this question

187Infidel

Question

Good afternoon everyone.  I was active duty army from 2001-2003, 10th Mountain. 
I’m having a heck of a time finding the DC codes for

Paralumbar muscle spasms ( back spasms) 

and 

Chondromalacia Patella Femora (Knees)

I have had 2 diff VSO’s try to help me with my claim. So far, the 1st one at my DAV didn’t know how to work a fax machine.

2nd one had to be reminded every conversation who I was and what was going on . Talk about frustration!

so I’m just gonna do everything on my own and with the help and guidance of other veterans. I appreciate any and all feedback.

Thank you 🤙🏼

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder
1 hour ago, 187Infidel said:

Good afternoon everyone.  I was active duty army from 2001-2003, 10th Mountain. 
I’m having a heck of a time finding the DC codes for

Paralumbar muscle spasms ( back spasms) 

and 

Chondromalacia Patella Femora (Knees)

I have had 2 diff VSO’s try to help me with my claim. So far, the 1st one at my DAV didn’t know how to work a fax machine.

2nd one had to be reminded every conversation who I was and what was going on . Talk about frustration!

so I’m just gonna do everything on my own and with the help and guidance of other veterans. I appreciate any and all feedback.

Thank you 🤙🏼

For the Patella Femora Knees try DIAGNOSTIC CODE  5292/5295

Paralumbar muscle spasms ( back spasms) Lumbar SPRAIN/ STRAIN (Muscle spasms) try Diagnostic Codes 5257

Knee  CFR 38  4.1 TO 4.71 (a)

Unless these regulations are for right knee  and left knee may have different Code?

• HadIt.com Elder

Try 38 CFR § 4.71a - Schedule of ratings - musculoskeletal system.

• HadIt.com Elder

YOUR WELCOME 

IHOPE SOME OF THIS INFORMATION WILL HELP YOU? JUST LOOK UP THOSE REGS AND READ THEM REAL GOOD. YOU MAY FIND YOUR  D.C. Diagnostic Code you need.

IF YOU HAVE MORE QUESTIONS JUST ASK HERE ON HADIT   WE HAVE SOME GREAT HADIT MEMBERSTHAT ARE VERY KNOWLEDGABLE  THAT CAN HELP YOU. .....Remember this  = Knowledge is POWER

Check under 

"Diagnostic Codes 5235-5243" too

Or you can go to https://www.index.va.gov/search/va/bva.jsp

The BVA site is down ,but when it comes up again, you can use their search feature for your disabilities, and I suggest using the 2021 n 2020 date range you click on, to get the most current DC codes, etc. IT might be  just down for me, as I am in a cloud.

To conduct a search of BVA's decisions, enter the word or group of words you are looking for in the fields below. From the resulting list, you can connect directly to individual decision texts or you can return to this page to conduct additional searches.

Find pages with...
find these words:
this exact word or phrase:
any of these words:
none of these words:

results per page:
 10  20  50

select/clear years below:
 2021 2020 2019 2018 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 2003 2002 2001 2000 1999 1998 1997 1996 1995 1994 1993 1992