VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

BVA search feature = a great tool

Rate this question

Berta

Question

I no longer have much time to find and add the many links I have posted here over the years, on multiple issues ,and the BVA web site is a great tool, to find similar claims, and other info-

I have learned a LOT from the BVA awards as well as their denials by reading BVA cases for decades:

"To conduct a search of BVA's decisions, enter the word or group of words you are looking for in the fields below. From the resulting list, you can connect directly to individual decision texts or you can return to this page to conduct additional searches.

Find pages with...
find these words:
this exact word or phrase:
any of these words:
none of these words:

results per page:
 10  20  50

select/clear years below:

2021 2020 2019 2018 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 2003 2002 2001 2000 1999 1998 1997 1996 1995 1994 1993 1992"

You might find a claim exactly like your, at first glance, and an award for the same thing they denied you for- but every claims has nuances and we dont always know  the details of what evidence the veteran had , for BVA to make the award.

So you cannot use  any BVA case as evidence.But they all include many reulations and even Precedent CAVC citations, that are another valuable part of evidence to bolster many claims.

Edited by Berta
cloud

1 answer to this question

I have too!  You would be surprise in how they make determinations.  Cases of same illnesses, but completely different outcomes by judges.  Makes you wonder if they dont base on their personal views rather than by the law.