VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Once you are 50%, the VA cannot charge you any co-pays when they treat you and should give you travel pay for any treatment visit.

Rate this question

glenda h

Question

Back in 2019 this statement was made to another individual.  I am puzzled.   I am currently 70%.  I became 50% back in 2016, 70% in 2019.   I had health insurance and kept it after I retired, plus MEDICARE, TFL (mil retiree).  I didnt pay any co pays due to having three insurances at the time, but VA billed my MEDICARE and civilian insurance, which paid the Dr visit and  my prescriptions by civilian ins.  TFL always came up with some excuse not to pay anything for years.  But the payments dont go to the VA Dr I see, but someone else I've never seen at the RO billing office.  I suspended my civilian health insurance this past January, therefore I will only have MEDICARE and TFL.  So are you saying that they shouldnt be billing the companies.  I do understand about the medications.

1 answer to this question

They don't bill you, but they do recoup and pay back and forth with the insurance. The good thing is that you still aren't paying co-pays, but you'll still end up potentially meeting your deductible for your regular insurance.