VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Higher level review

Rate this question

Joey Ross

Question

OK, I need some advice. I started a HLR in March 2020, and had a new C&P in August of 2020. VA has been waiting on records from JSRRC since then. By my MOS (11B1P), and awards (SWASM, etc.) , plus being in a combat zone and my C&P I'm uploading, should I file to have the VA process my claim with what they have, or wait for them to finish with the records request that could take God knows how long.

Edited by Joey Ross

• HadIt.com Elder

Joey I'm a little confused as to what you are asking. At HLR you can't submit any NEW evidence, just what was considered with the original claim that was denied or now being appealed. What is the VA waiting for in  of records; it should already be in your file and the basis for your original claim?

10 minutes ago, GBArmy said:

Joey I'm a little confused as to what you are asking. At HLR you can't submit any NEW evidence, just what was considered with the original claim that was denied or now being appealed. What is the VA waiting for in  of records; it should already be in your file and the basis for your original claim?

LOL, I'm confused about it to, I known when HLR finds errors it is sent back and  goes back to supplemental claim lane. I'll send you what VBA is saying about it after Congressional inquiry and White House Vet lineVBA.thumb.png.d3cb12a575f5f753656fc4b77ae13e84.png

11 minutes ago, GBArmy said:

• HadIt.com Elder

Joey Sorry but I don't know anything that you want to hear. Seems your choices are 1) continue to wait, 2)tell them to proceed with what they have 3)submit an IRIS inquiry and see if they will provide more info as to what they are looking for, or 4) ask a VSO or lawyer to look in VBMS and see if there is info there as to why. Not very time efficient or likely good options to be sure. I personally would not do #2; possibly #3 is what I'd try next myself.Maybe others have a better alternative.

The VA is awaiting a confirmation of the stressor (s) you listed with your claim

As the letter in your post says. they are backlogged due to COVID- every VA department has been affected, as well as JSRRC.

I assume you were a paratrooper.

Have you gone to any of the multiple web sites that might provide access to someone who served with you?

Have you attempted to find anyone who would prepare a Buddy statement to prove your stressor?

I hope all VSO are telling their claimants to do all they can themslves, to verify stressors, as JSRRC is

backlogged due to COVID.

The VA will concede a combat stressor if the veteran has the CIB or CAR on their DD 214 or  has a combat MOS.

Others have to prove the stressor occurred.

https://community.hadit.com/topic/83013-buddy-statements-2020/#comment-501500

There are countless ways to find an inservice Buddy- the best bet is to Google your Unit-as many units have reunion rosters with email contact info or a "lookin' for" area.

Also Military.com, TWS, and other sites have helped veterans find a buddy- two buddies are even better than one.

I found a Buddy for a veteran here in mere seconds years ago-the veteran only had his name, and the fact that he was a Chaplain in his unit.

Facebook also might help. I dont do Facebook so I am not sure.

You might able to search for members of your unit there.

Edited by Berta
added more

You also might need a buddy statement for the Degenerative Disc issue- unless that is on your military discharge certificate, as an inservice problem. or due to the stressor.

1 hour ago, Berta said:

The VA is awaiting a confirmation of the stressor (s) you listed with your claim

As the letter in your post says. they are backlogged due to COVID- every VA department has been affected, as well as JSRRC.

I assume you were a paratrooper.

Have you gone to any of the multiple web sites that might provide access to someone who served with you?

Have you attempted to find anyone who would prepare a Buddy statement to prove your stressor?

I hope all VSO are telling their claimants to do all they can themslves, to verify stressors, as JSRRC is

backlogged due to COVID.

The VA will concede a combat stressor if the veteran has the CIB or CAR on their DD 214 or  has a combat MOS.

Others have to prove the stressor occurred.

https://community.hadit.com/topic/83013-buddy-statements-2020/#comment-501500

There are countless ways to find an inservice Buddy- the best bet is to Google your Unit-as many units have reunion rosters with email contact info or a "lookin' for" area.

Also Military.com, TWS, and other sites have helped veterans find a buddy- two buddies are even better than one.

I found a Buddy for a veteran here in mere seconds years ago-the veteran only had his name, and the fact that he was a Chaplain in his unit.

Facebook also might help. I dont do Facebook so I am not sure.

You might able to search for members of your unit there.

They have pictures of my at the stressor, plus my awards, and my MOS 11B1P, plus I was in combat zone