VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

American VA Loans? VA Mortgage Refinance Company. Ever used them?

JaeT.21

• HadIt.com Elder

We went with Quicken Loans,, the QL Loan officer even went to bat for us on the I.R. ( INTEREST RATES) this is a great time to refine  or get a new VA Loan  due to the I.R. Are way down  ATAN ALL TIME LOW

We got our Q.L. loan on 245.000 for 2.25% we closed on Dec 9th 2020, not sure what they are now, but I can only imagine they are lower.

Note*This I.R. was based on our credit rating at the time   which was considered Excellent.

Quicken loans is excellent to do business with  all done over the Internet/you still need to go to closing with your realtor  we sold our house last summer and when we closed at signing we had to stay in our car,  but when we purchased our house in Dec We actually went to the Title companies office inside  for closing but wore our mask.

Edited by Buck52

Thanks for the info. I just sent my current loan company and asked them how to get a lower rate. And now we wait... Sheesh this feels like the disability rating struggle all over again.

• HadIt.com Elder

It actually cost us 7.400 at closing...this was everything included even minus the''good faith money''of 2,440 cashiers check  but  ..most of this was realtor commission fees  eh!  if it were not for the realtor fees  we may have had to pay maybe 2.000 or so. to the title company. maybe a little more.

Ah lower your interest rate is good! Just keep paying the same amount from your previous loan will pay the loan off faster! Refinance just pay your fees!  It’s up to you what fees you are will to pay! Most of the time it points you are paying to get a rate. That drivers the cost of the loan. Your credit score dictate the cost of the loan! Set you loan up by paying by weekly or just make one extra payment a year! Lower interest rate is good, but the APR is the bottom line! Example, loan rate 2.00 the apr at 2.13 is great!  Have them do a amortization so you can see when you pay the cost off your loan off! Most of the time you can pay it within 18 months. .25 or more off your loan is worth it if you are discipline!  Bottom line is the APR cost of the loan with fees!   interest rate is what you will be paying after you catch up  paying your fees off!