VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Difficulty VSO

Rate this question

aggravating_coyote

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Talk to the Post Commander and see if there might be more than one VSO at the Post. If not, you could contact the District Commander and see if he could swich for you. Or, you could just hunt around and find a new VSO that you see eye to eye on from any Service or County organization. Then switch on Va.gov. 

The simplest way to change a POA, is to give that POA to someone else.  Simplest would be to switch to a VSO who is "not" with American Legion, but instead use DAV or one of the others.  Make sure you get one that has VBMS access.  Ask that before signing.  VBMS is also called "efile".  

• HadIt.com Elder

It's not that eazy changing your POA, ONCE YOU AGREE WITH SOMEONE TO BE YOUR POA IT'S HARD TO GET IT REVOLKED

The POA will stay with you  until you hire a good experinced VA attorney  or VA Accredith Claims Agent

Once you make an agreement with the Attorney or claims Agent  they will send your original POA a letter letting them know you hied him/her and  (he YOUR ORIGINAL POA) will no longer be your POA 

If you don't do this  your origianl POA will always be your POA....POA's are hard to be revoked  once you appointment one.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you go with the DAV make sure he/she is certified nationally.

be warey of the ones that are in the VAMC. Some are ok but some ain;t worth a Sh**

All you have to do is send a VA 21-22 to us with your new vso. That's it. As soon as we get it we revoke the poa on file for you.

Edited by brokensoldier244th

I have never heard from my POA ever, text, phone, email or letter, since I started my claims in 2008.

But, my CVSO says he is the best.

So, I got that going for me,

Hamslice

Actually, I did email him a couple years ago asking if they (the VFW) had a list of doctors in my area that did IMO/EMO's.  He told me they did not.  So, right there, I knew I was doing better than they were.  Can't imagine where I would be if I had not done what I did on my own. Most likely sitting at 30, my rating after my original claim.