VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Virtual Hearing

Rate this question

SPO

Question

Has anyone taken part in one of these virtual hearings.  Did they allow you to submit evidence before the hearing since you can't physically hand to the judge like you would in an person hearing?

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

@shrekthetank1 So you sent them before the actual hearing?  My VSO sounded like he was just going to add them through the normal upload process for a claim.  Did the judge or one of his team give you a place to send your documents?

Edited by SPO

thats good to know.  Everything I have read on the BVA website says don't submit ahead of time.  I've also read that anything submitted between the initial claim decision and the hearing can't be considered in the appeal.

@shrekthetank1  Did you already get a decision back?

Edited by SPO

I had mine back in November of 2020, so don't expect anything quick after the virtual hearing, because I am still waiting on the appeal to go back for the judge to decide. For your answer though my judge was very nice and understood my situation completely and I felt like things are in my favor. We did have to submit one Nexus letter and we did that within a week, but still had to wait the entire 90days, plus still waiting.