VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

BVA Grant earlier effective date for unemployability

Rate this question

Vet4422

Question

Hello, first time posting here, thank you to everyone who has posted before me. I received a grant for my BVA hearing on April 15, 2021 and I received the letter in the mail. I was granted an earlier effective date for unemployability for about a year and a half so I should get some retro pay. So I received the letter in the mail dated April 15th and on May 8th my Ebenefits updated under additional benefits tab showing the earlier effective date however there is no retro pay. Has anyone had any experience with your ebenefits being updated but no retro pay yet? How long am I looking at? Thank you again whoever can share some experience with BVA grants. 

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Vet4422 Welcome to Hadit. I would give it a few days. Go to va.gov and look up "payments" and see if there is an entry yet. You can call Peggy and see if they can tell you anything but I doubt it yet. Also check your bank account to see if there has been a deposit. Assume your info is correct at the VA.

5 minutes ago, GBArmy said:

Vet4422 Welcome to Hadit. I would give it a few days. Go to va.gov and look up "payments" and see if there is an entry yet. You can call Peggy and see if they can tell you anything but I doubt it yet. Also check your bank account to see if there has been a deposit. Assume your info is correct at the VA.

Peggy? I did check va.gov but no payments yet. Thanks for responding to my post. 

1 hour ago, Vet4422 said:

I received a grant for my BVA hearing on April 15, 2021 and I received the letter in the mail.

Hey, Congratulations! 

Since this was a BVA hearing it will take some time. Your grant will have to be return to the local VARO for them to implement the Boards decision. You may still be looking at six months to a year. Hope I am wrong, but I do know that your grant will still have to be processed and implemented by the local VARO Office. If it states something like you will receive an adjustment in your pay in two months, most likely it will be longer.

Correct.  Unfortunately, you will have to wait for still another decision before getting paid, this time a VARO implementation of the Board decision.  No, I dont like it either.