VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Likelihood of Successful TDIU Claim??

Rate this question

aggravating_coyote

Question

I know it's only a guess, but based on my application, I'm interested to know opinions on my chances of success.  Here are the particulars.

1. Very recently I'm 70% SC for mild neurocognitive disease.
  2. I have not worked full-time since 2017, but have had 2 part-time jobs.
  3. The following items were submitted as part of my application
    1. VA Request for Employment Information forms from both part-time employers documenting, cognitive and behavioral issues. 
    2. Warning letter documenting many behavioral issues from my last full-time employer
    3. HR letter document my behavioral issues as the reason for my contract non-renewal
    4. VA note from my neurologist documenting the SC disabilities making me unemployable with no expected improvement in my conditions

Wil  you offer a guess on my chances of getting permanent and total TDIU?

Thanks

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

The USS James Madison has a long crew roster here- maybe you could email those with their emails  published there- to see if they were disabled by any toxins.

http://www.hullnumber.com/crew1.php?cm=SSBN-627

I wonder why ishe was decommissioned- maybe too much asbestos  and they had to salvage the' sub

She was a beauty:

http://www.hullnumber.com/p_photos/SSBN-627.image.1017245.jpg

http://www.hullnumber.com/p_photos/SSBN-627.image.1017245.jpg

Th USS Henry L. Stimson also has a large roster list with some emails of veterans who served on this sub.

http://www.hullnumber.com/crew1.php?cm=ssbn-655

She is very cool too!

http://www.hullnumber.com/p_photos/SSBN-655.image.1017264.jpg

http://www.hullnumber.com/p_photos/SSBN-655.image.1001074.jpg

I mention these potential email sailors because you might need a buddy statement, from someone in your unit or with same MOS who can verify to the VA what solvents and toxic chemicals were on the subs.

There is no doubt in my mind that you have a neurotoxic condition. I just don't trust the VA to 

fully comprehend the nexus ( the service link to your disability.

Edited by Berta
added photos

• HadIt.com Elder

Aggravating My guess is not too good.  You said you were recently awarded 70%. Unless you have a lot of medical reports in your file covering a significant number of years, the VA is likely to put it on the back burner IMHO. You have mild neurocognitive disorder. not even moderate. When is your next schedued C&P exam?

I think you got a change but u will have a fight. Might not u have the rating percentage

You have a doctor note 

They will order exam tho an try to get there owe opinion. Even if it is a va doctor note in the record.

Part time work is marginal employment.

They will fight u tho 

Just my opinion

4 hours ago, GBArmy said:

Aggravating My guess is not too good.  You said you were recently awarded 70%. Unless you have a lot of medical reports in your file covering a significant number of years, the VA is likely to put it on the back burner IMHO. You have mild neurocognitive disorder. not even moderate. When is your next schedued C&P exam?

I was awarded 50% depression in 2016.  I submitted a claim for memory loss and cognitive problems.  The decision changed my depression rating to mild cognitive disorder and increased to 70% disability.  This is the recent award mentioned in my original post.

Something that I didn't mention is there is radiological verified brain damage and reported by the neurologist as the cause of my cognitive disorder.

I'm waiting for LHI to schedule my exam.  It should be very soon.

Thanks for commenting!

13 hours ago, Mr cue said:

I think you got a change but u will have a fight. Might not u have the rating percentage

You have a doctor note 

They will order exam tho an try to get there owe opinion. Even if it is a va doctor note in the record.

Part time work is marginal employment.

They will fight u tho 

Just my opinion

Stopped all employment in December 2020.  I don't know if it matters but my jobs were part-time professional medical services (not medical doctor) and part-time teaching at local college. These are the jobs the employers documented my cognitive and behavioral issues.

This is my first TDIU application so I'm unsure of what to expect.

Thanks for commenting.

Edited by aggravating_coyote
Clarification

• HadIt.com Elder

Aggravating Sounds like you have Vascular Neurocognitive disorder, which doesn't get better. You didn't answer when is your next scheduled C&P. That disability can often be found to be static; if so, there is a little more light at the end of the tunnel. Call Peggy (800-827-100) and ask them for a copy of the   coded rate sheet which lists more detail on the current status of your disabilities. It will also say if your disabilities are static or if there is RFE scheduled, which is what you're looking for. But take care of yourself; it is a dementia which progresses usually in steps or stages due to mini-strokes. I wish you well.