VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What should I do next.

Rate this question

Cloudbuster

Question

Hi fellow Vets,

So last year during the pandemic I finally applied for a PTSD disability.

As I knew VA screw vets I found a Psychology that does DBQ and had one done via telehealth.

Initial Decision letter for Aug 2020 I got a 50%
I submitted a HLR and decision on Feb 2021 increased to 70%

and this is on the HLR Reason For Decision 

We are unable to use your submitted DBQ as initial PTSD examinations must be performed by a VA professional. A telemental health examination report is only acceptable and actionable for rating purposes when prepared by a VHA or VBA contracted examiner in response to a VA C&P request. Decision makers must not accept in lieu of VA examination any DBQ that has been prepared by a non-VA provider and completed by means of telephone or videoconference examination. 

Because we were not able to use your submitted DBQ by itself to determine service connection, we ordered a VA Examination.

Have a new DBQ completed via telehealth? And submit it via supplemental?

Have a new DBQ completed via in person? And submit via supplemental?

Or should I request a new increase and then submit a DBQ?

I do believe I meet the 100 criteria.

as explained to me by the Dr that did the DBQ.

the VA C&P exam was quick and did not ask questions.

Thanks.

1"-So the VA dont take private DBQ for MH only for initial claims?"

No they dont since 2010 or whenever the PTSD regulations were changed.

"Do they take them or give them more value for increase claims" They might.

Maybe I am misunderstanding your posts .

Have you ever had a formal C & P exam done by the VA?

Was it done for the initial PTSD claim?

This statement you posted  from the VA contains what I  mean:

"We are unable to use your submitted DBQ as initial PTSD examinations must be performed by a VA professional. A telemental health examination report is only acceptable and actionable for rating purposes when prepared by a VHA or VBA contracted examiner in response to a VA C&P request. Decision makers must not accept in lieu of VA examination any DBQ that has been prepared by a non-VA provider and completed by means of telephone or videoconference examination. "

We have a wealth of info here on the way they rate PTSD as well as how they consider established medical evidence regarding a request for rating increase, as well as on TDIU and 100% schedular.

Can you scan and attach here the decision? ( and Evidence list)

Cover the C file # , ad your  name address , prior to scanning it.

Hi,

I think I understand better now.

They say (initial PTSD exam... Decision makers must not accept in lieu of VA examination any DBQ that has been prepared by a non-VA provider and completed by means of telephone or videoconference examination) wording on the letter it make it sound that they do take in person private DBQ for increase but not for initial claim. 

So I guess if I file for increase and have a private DBQ then it would not be initial and they should take it. In case I have a bad examiner like the one I had for the initial claim.

Yes I had a C&P done by the VA contractor LHI via telehealth for this claim. And was done for the initial PTSD claim.
I got a 50%  and they said I dint get 70% because I dint had the symptoms and give you the list for 70%. then I argue on a HLR that I did meet the 70% rating and got it increased to 70% via HLR but I cant argue a HLR to tell them that I do also meet some of the symptoms of 100% as they said I dint not got 100 due to not meeting the symptoms. 

So I guess I leave this one as is for now, and wait to receive my other two decision letters for other condition I filed for.

Thanks!