VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hopefully some really good info for all soon!

Rate this question

Confusedvet1

Question

Pretty stocked and can't wait to get this info and share it.

I recently submitted an iris claim asking about the 10 day policy of waiting after letter is sent with a decision and why they can't make it available online immediately and rationale for their policies etc.

I've spoken to 2 people so far at the Peggy line and both have said that they are jealous (one actually is asking to have the info sent to their management team) of the information being put together for me and that they hope I like to read. One told me I better share this info with other veterans as well so my hopes are high for some really great information to share.

Hopefully more to come by end of next week at latest.

Unfortunately not the update I wanted to give..... I got the email today and was not even in the ballpark of what I asked for or was told I was getting. I was told by Peggy there was a ton of info coming my way and that I better like to read. 

What I received was essentially them saying there was a decision from bva and it was mailed to me. I didn't ask about that at all so tomorrow I call back and ask to speak with supervisor and reopen request and ask where all my information is I was promised.

1 hour ago, Confusedvet1 said:

I got the email today and was not even in the ballpark of what I asked for or was told I was getting.

sounds right on par

Called VA today. Spoke with a supervisor who wasn't very helpful. She refused to reopen iris inquiry because she said she answered the questions in it even though the email I received didn't. I was asking her questions on her answers because I wanted to make sure I understood them because working in a call center in my past I'm good at recognizing non answers and beating around the bush. She started getting upset and I could tell be her voice and talking under her breath she was very stressed so I told her I would just call back because she refused to transfer me to another supervisor. 

I called back and asked for a different supervisor who then admitted the email response didn't in any way address my questions and he reopened it for me reiterating what I was looking for and he said they have 5 business days to respond.

Sounds like a VA cluster ----!

You said this was a BVA remand?

I've spoken to 2 people so far at the Peggy line and both have said that they are jealous (one actually is asking to have the info sent to their management team) of the information being put together for me and that they hope I like to read. One told me I better share this info with other veterans as well so my hopes are high for some really great information to share."

In my over 2  decades of dealing with the VA, the people at the 800# only once revealed that claim I had pending had been granted. An the rest of what they said to you seems highlyinappropriate for Peggy to say.

The 800 woman only mentioned the grant because she was looking at the wrong claim-

She said there must be a mistake here- you had a claim denied recently and them the  same claim was granted?

I had to explain to her what happened. 

I had a claim denied, filed a CUE the next day, and 3 weeks later the claim was awarded.She didnt know what a CUE was but that's OK because I only wanted status of another pending claim I had.

I will read this thread again.....

Confused , you said :

"What I received was essentially them saying there was a decision from bva and it was mailed to me. I didn't ask about that at all so tomorrow I call back and ask to speak with supervisor and reopen request and ask where all my information is I was promised."

Have you received the BVA decision yet?

Since it went to your VARO I assume it was a remand, and not an outright denial.

Maybe the BVA Ombudsman can help

bvaombudsman@va.gov.

Maybe the BVA even posted the remand by now at BVA web site.

Edited by Berta

Hi Berta,

This thread was started because I was told by Peggy an iris request I submitted about policy and regulation was going to yield great results as far as how the VA operates and not relating to my specific claims.

As far as my specific claim I did get the letter. I was granted an EED but didn't give a specific date. It was sent to RO to determine new effective date but it's not a remand.

The denial was for award in excess of 10% for scar which I agree with the BVA.

So the issue I'm fighting now is the fact 2 different Peggy operators told me to expect a lot of good non claim specific information. A supervisor made me promise to share the info coming my way with other veterans. What I received was an email yesterday saying status of my claim which wasn't the question I asked and I never received all the "good information" I was told to expect.

First supervisor today refused to open inquiry back up for me because she "answered" the questions in request but wouldn't answer my follow up questions to understand and clarify what she meant so I could read it from the source. She then refused to let me speak with another supervisor and she was getting upset with me so I called back and spoke with another supervisor who reopened the iris inquiry for me because my questions weren't addressed at all in their response to me.