VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% P&T, should I stay in Reserves?

Rate this question

glashutte

Question

I have been granted 100% P&T and was rated this after I joined the Reserves. 

I am happy with my rating and do NOT want to lose it at all cost. The Reserves however gives my family great Tricare health insurance.

I want to keep Tricare by being in the Reserves, BUT absolutely do not want to lose my 100% P&T by just risking it being in the Reserves. The Reserves does PHA's through LHI and I really don't want to risk anything at all. 

I am truly 100% P&T by having many many separate conditions but am so paranoid and untrusty of the VA because I know they will take it away at any chance they get. 

Basically I want to stay in Reserves for TRICARE for my family but am very paranoid VA will find a window of opportunity through my Reserve service/PHA and take away everything. 

2 Other questions:

1. Can VA reduce 100% P&T rating if I don't even see a VA doctor and RARELY see my own primary care doctor?

2. Does the VA have automatic access to things like:

-Tax returns?

-Medical records from AFTER military service, when I was seen by private doctors using TRICARE?

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Yes. You are required to tell va if you have private insurance. They recoup from private, plus it helps if you do because then you have options for care. 

They aren’t “audited” except within the first 3-5 years unless one is unstable or has a condition that can change a lot (post surgical, or MH if it’s volatile). After a P/T rating you are not subject to automatic disability exams. What happens on the medical side is separate, your PCP can schedule you for checkups and stuff. 

i would not not see doctors for periodic treatment and/or medications. I have a high MH rating, I take a few just for that.