VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Unemployable Questions

Rate this question

NavyVetJay

Question

How’s it going, so I am 100% P and T for PTSD alone but I was never told if I was unemployable or not. Do you guys know where I can find this out or who to talk to, to find this information out?

Thank you in advance, just something I’ve been curious about for a while now.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi NavtJetJay Welcome to Hadit Look at your decision letter again and review the benefits the VA says you are entitled to. If you're T&P it will say you have Chapter 35 ed benefits. The VA makes it hard to figure out because they don't say things in the English language. They use legalize. If you have Chapter 35 you're 100%. You can call "Peggy" at 800-827-1000 and verify you are T&P and not TDIU also. If TDIU, you will have a FTE, routine future exam date and also have to fill out a form by the VA every year as well. That would also mean you would be considered TDIU, which as you know you are restricted on how much $ you can earn. With T&P, you can go out and get whatever job you can deal with. If you used a VSO on your claim, he or she can also confirm for you from your file. The most surest way is ask  Peggy for a copy of your Rating Code Sheet. You can get a summary, not the actual code sheet from them, but if you want an actual copy, your best bet would be to visit the Regional Office, RO, in person and pick it up.  The answer is there, but you have to work a little to get it.

GBArmy said

"The VA makes it hard to figure out because they don't say things in the English language. They use legalize.

Pacman and I made that point here a few minutes ago for  another veteran newbee!

GBA is so RIGHT!!!!!!

TDIU vets cannot attain gainful employment, but 100% vets can, as I understand the regulations.

Our past VA Secretary Max Cleland was surely 100% P & T and SMC as well, but went to work at the VA Central Office everyday.

He did a documentary a few years before he died, showing how he managed to live alone, with loss of and loss of use of 3 of his extremities. It took him about two hours to get to the VA , he lived close by, but it took him almost two hours to shave, bathe, fix a breakfast, and get dressed to get there)

So did the highly decorated , and catastrophically disabled Lewis Puller ( Chesty Pullers son ( (USMC)  deceased due to self inflicted gun shot wound)

who worked as an attorney for the VA Central office  His Book is fabulous. 

But he didnt heal completely from the Vietnam War at all. PTSD and multiple physical SC disabilities .His book is :

"Fortunate Son: The Healing of a Vietnam Vet"

Edited by Berta

Correct, from GBA and Berta, of course.  

If you go to the letters section of ebenefits, you should be able to print a letter that says you are p and t, if, indeed you are.  

VA says P and T "in code":

1.  "Eligible for chapter 35 DEA" 

2.  "No future exams are scheduled".  

Both these things mean P and T, VA does this to frustrate us in getting P and T benefits.