VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

HEART NUCLEAR TEST? DONE!! ANYONE KNOW HOW TO READ THE TEST?

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I HAD A  NUCULAR STRESS TEST DONE AT THE VA   HERE IS SOME OF THE REPORTS AND CONCLUSION/IMPRESSION

ANYONE KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS???

FINDINGS: The baseline ECG demonstrates normal sinus rhythm. The stress test was negative for chest pain or ECG changes diagnostic of ischemia. The heart rate went from 72 to 96 BPM and blood pressure from 141/70 mmHg to 111/64 mmHg, indicating good response to pharmacologic stress agent. The patient reported dyspnea which resolved completely during the recovery phase.

Quality assurance review shows good alignment of emission and transmission data. Stress tomographic images show a small, mild reversible defect is noted in the distal inferior wall, consistent with mild ischemia in the distal RCA territory.

No other additional lesions are noted. Rest tomographic images demonstrate expected radiotracer distribution throughout the left ventricular myocardium with no defects.. Findings are confirmed upon review of NAC images. Respiratory motion artifact is noted on the CTAC/transmission data set. Quantitative analysis reveals a SSS of 2, SRS of 0 and SDS of 2.. Gated images show no regional wall motion abnormality. The post stress ejection fraction is 74%. The resting EF is 67%.

Addendum: ******** THIS REPORT WAS AMENDED ******** Upon review of these images on the Philips workstation, it is felt that the documented reversible defect is not evidence of myocardium at risk/ischemia as the rest images demonstrate a similar decrease in radiotracer intensity. The summed stress score is measured as 6 and a summed rest score is measured as 6 on this workstation, but it is felt that the summed stress score of 2 and summed rest score of 0 is more accurate. The stress ejection fraction is now calculated as 79% with the resting LVEF of 74%.

CONCLUSION: 1. NO SIGNIFICANT MYOCARDIUM AT RISK/ISCHEMIA IDENTIFIED. 2. GOOD LEFT VENTRICULAR FUNCTION WITH AN EF OF 79%.  CONFIDENTIAL Page 5 of 6 Signed by Lorraine E De Blanche, MD  3:01 PM CDT

Impression: 1. Positive Cardiac PET MPI with evidence of a small area, mild in severity, myocardium at risk localizing to the distal RCA territory. 2. Normal systolic function at stress; LVEF: 74%. 3. Please also refer to separate Nuclear Cardiology stress lab NP report, in CPRS, for additional information and correlation with these findings. Signed by Lorraine E De Blanche, MD  2:43 PM CDT Primary Diagnostic Code: ABNORMALITY, ATTN. NEEDED 

Buck,

I had both an ECHO and a Nuclear Stress Test.  While my stress test was physical and not chemically induced, like yours, our results were similar, and are good enough readings, the ECHO (Transthoracic Echocardiogram), is the one that showed LVH or Left Ventricular Hypertrophy.

I had claimed chest pain, secondary to my service connected hypertension (rated 0% at that time) and was awarded 30% for hypertensive heart disease.  The regulation states 30% for an enlarged left ventricle by imaging, which I had through the ECHO.  Private doctor before I made the claim.  The VA used the private doctor records for this claim.

Since that time, I did eventually get 10% for my hypertension, and I did get another 30% for irregular heartbeats (PVC's) secondary to my hypertension.

Keep pluggin,

Hamslice

• HadIt.com Elder

I had a Echocardiogram DONE and nothing came back abnormal ?  so guess if this was something important the VA PCP would refer me to the cardio clinic so guess I am ok.

• HadIt.com Elder

Ham your a Vietnam veteran right? REMEMBER THE  A.O. PRESUMPTION CLAIMS... 

• HadIt.com Elder

Roger that .