VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I won new eed, what next?

Rate this question

Manonfire

Question

I won a remand at CAVC for reconsideration of an earlier effective date back to 1988 due to missing records on a single issue, where the BVA judge agreed and granted it along with service connection. The RO just sent out a decision packet, which I'm still waiting on.

What rating percent will they use (I'm at 40% now, the MEB gave me 10% back then in 1988)? How will they calculate retropay (using todays dollars or 80's pay)? Could I get IU (I was given P&T 100% in 2017) back to the new date (my social security record shows I only made above poverty level in 3 out of 30yrs of working)? Thx

• HadIt.com Elder

I been going through my C-File CD DISK, and found some Different EED,

I first filed my first claim in April 1998..Was flat out denied in June 98...NOD and service connection was established  with 0%...I almost gave up but I let the 1 year disagrment limit expire, I sent in to request a Reopen in Sept 1999, ok I was granted 50% in April 2000....IN 2001 I filed for increase and had a bad C&P EXAM...The examiner put in his report I was not as bad as I claimed  and ro sent me a proposal to reduced on what this examiner mention in his report..I had a REGINIOL OFFICE DRO Hearing (Informal)..This was May 7th 2003, the DRO USE A IMO and won my claim back and also the DRO increase my disability 30%  to make a 80%   and also gave me tinnitus for another 10%  =90% total disability   becaus I could not work he gave me the TDIU P&T WITH MY DISABILITY NOT EXPECTED TO IMPROVE IN MY LIFE TIME AND NO FUTRUE EXAMS SCHEDULED.

THE eed for THE 50% i WON IN APRIL 2000  THEY SAID MY EED FOR THAT GOES BACK TO April 1998 (I never recived a penny of retro....the EED FOR MY OTHER 40%INCREASE  FROM THE 50% FROM MAY 7TH 2003...THE eed for that went back to Dec 10th 2002 about 5 months retro.

I think they should make my EED FOR THE 40%INCREASE OR THE TDIU P&T  EED GO BACK TO AT LEAST  TO 1999  THE DATE I LAST WORKED OR THE 2001  WHEN I FILED FOR THE INCREASE?

Not so sure I'd have a good case or not and I am flat tried dealing with the VA.

BUT IF THE TRUTH WAS KNOWN MY EED should go back to when I fist filed in April 1998 or 2000 when I was granted 50% from 0%....With all the continued persecution of my claim the  EED FOR TDIU P&T SHOULD GO BACK TO THE APRIL 2000 DATE WHEN i WAS GREANTED 50%