VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this topic

"i dont understand what you being national guard has to do with champva? i thought that was for any veteran 100%pt? am i missing something?"

In the hierarchy of insurances.  As an example.

If I was 55 years old, my wife would be eligible for ChampVA.  When a non-traditional retiree (NG or Reserves) turns age 60, they become eligible for Tricare, and must take Tricare if the have ChampVA, which they then loose.  I did turn 60 in March.

ChampVA and Tricare also have differences at age 65 when Medicare kicks in.

Last year my wife medical costs were $260,000.00, and the year before that, $216,000.00.  All I pay is about $4000.00 out of pocket for monthly fees and deductible, plus about another $3500.00 in drugs (3 levels, and we usually end up in tier 2 by the end of the year).  About $7500 a year.

So, I can't take a chance, and Tricare won't tell me anything until we enroll.  So, no for now.

Thanks,

Hamslice

I think I would love ChampVA.

3 hours ago, GBArmy said:

And going from 90 to 100% isn't an easy trip. Great news.

Of all the ways I could skin the cat, my outcomes were 94, 95 or 96.  I suspect a 95 from what I can glean from my last rating letter, which took me from 91 to 92.  I'll do the math when I get the letter.

I also suspect my "increase claims" played a more important part then my new claims. 

Yes, 80 to 90 is tough, but 90 to 100 is a bitch.  Started at 30% in 08'.  

Hamslice

Keep plugin.... 

• HadIt.com Elder

I started at 10% in 1973.  In about 1994 I got 30%.  In 2001 I got 70% and TDIU.   A few months ago I got 100%.........You are one of us now Ham.  It is quite a long road and one I would rather not be on but I don't have to worry about money these days.  When you think about being 100% it is a bit depressing.  I hope you have a happy life.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use