VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Inspector General -VA Report on the horrible Fayetteville VA situation of 2019

Berta

Question

I believe the VA saves lives Every Day. Still mistakes are made.
This is the final report on the Fayettville situation of 2018. Searchable here.

I and 2 vets from our radio show podcasts fully believe Mike Sasser ( Stretch) long time hadit member and our technician for past radio shows, was dead because of the errors of this pathologist, Robert Levy.
I gave the wife via Jerrol Cook, producer of the radio shows, a lawyer to contact, after I spoke to him at length  But I understand she never did file.( or maybe she did but did not want anyone to know that)

https://www.va.gov/oig/pubs/VAOIG-18-02496-157.pdf
This is just part of the OIG’s report:
.” After a comprehensive, retrospective review of cases Dr. Levy interpreted over his 12-year tenure (almost 34,000 cases), clinical reviewers identified more than 3,000 diagnostic errors. The need for disclosures of errors causing serious injury was identified for 34 patients. As service chief of a specialty care department with only one other pathologist and chairperson of three pathology quality management committees, Dr. Levy had the opportunity to subvert the quality process. Facility leaders failed to recognize his manipulation of quality data. Dr. Levy admitted to long-term alcohol use. The OIG found that facility leaders missed opportunities to address signs of an impairment.”

Dr Levy was charged with manslaughter and Mail fraud and is serving a 20 year prison sentence.
What I did not see in the emaiI got  from OIG was how many deaths of veterans were attributed to his negligence.
Maybe that info is in the pdf above. I have had time to read it.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet