VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got Approved for IU P&T Today!!! Letter is confusing though?!?!?

Rate this question

DDS77

Question

I just saw on VA.Gov today that my IU claim has been approved!!

It seems that I have 100% Scheduler & IU?

Checked the letters and they say this:

VA Benefit Information

You have one or more service-connected disabilities: YES

Your Combined service-connection evaluation is: 100%

Your current monthly award is: $3321.85

You are being paid at the 100 percent rate because you are unemployable due to your service-connected disabilities: Yes

You are considered totally and permanently disabled due solely to your service-connected disabilities: Yes

And they  got the effective date correct too!

I looked at my disabilities and they are now different:

Depressive disorder is now 70% up from 50%

Knees are now @ 40% each due to flexion, up from 10% for pain.

OSA stayed at 50%

I had C&P's for all of these and they have gotten worse over the years so increased %'s are possible...

So, my question, Am I both? If scheduler why would they give IU?  Is there a difference in benefits?  The P&T is awesome, and I certainly am not complaining, just a little confused.

Thanks!!

23 minutes ago, DDS77 said:

So, my question, Am I both? If scheduler why would they give IU?  Is there a difference in benefits?  The P&T is awesome, and I certainly am not complaining, just a little confused.

Congratulations!!

Not saying that this letter is wrong or off but your Official Letter should explain your rating better and in more detail.

Welcome to the 100% P & T club.  😃

Congratulations.  As Pacman said, wait for the envelope, it will become more clear.  

However, Its "exceptionally rare" to be awarded IU AND schedular 100 percent.  I am one of those rare exceptions, and was only awarded these for seperate periods.  

On 6/8/2021 at 6:14 PM, pacmanx1 said:

Congratulations!!

Not saying that this letter is wrong or off but your Official Letter should explain your rating better and in more detail.

Welcome to the 100% P & T club.  😃

So, I finally got the official letter.  And with the exception of not mentioning P&T it says that I have a combined rating of 100% (as stated in original post(70/50/40/40/10))...  AND that I am considered IU.

The VA.gov letter is the same as before.

So, my question... does this mean that if I get some awesome gig that pays well and doesn't cause problems with my disabilities, or rather, my disabilities don't cause problems, can I still grab an occasional gig?  I have done some high paying advisory roles in the past and they can usually be done on my terms.  

I probably won't find one, but am wondering just in case...

Thanks!!

• HadIt.com Elder

DDS77 Yes, a little confusing. What I would do is call Peggy (800-827-1000) and tell them you finally received your letter. Ask on your disabilities listed, are they all listed as "static', or are any stating a future exam is required for any? If they are all static, they will leave you alone unless you try to go for an increase or new disability, like SMC's. The letter doesn't say anything about CHAMPVA or about DEA (ed bennies for family)? I'd then request a copy of your "rating sheet." They can send you something in a benefits letter that has most of the data on the rating sheet. It is a same they can't make it simple.