VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Backlog in C&P Exams?

Rate this question

Scottish_Knight

Question

Right then,

last year I had two C&P exams.  Due to living in Germany, the VA hands it off to the VES who schedules everything.  The VES contacted me last year in August with a wee questionnaire and also asked if I was available during the next 60 days.  Both appointments were done within that time.

This year seems a different animal.  The VES contacted me at the beginning of March with the same questionnaire and the 60 day question.  I had a mental health appointment within 3 weeks!  There are still two matters pending. I sent the VES an email at the end of May (near on 3 months) and the response was merely waiting for an appointment.  This is for hearing loss and tinnitus.  A 90 day wait for an appointment with a hearing physician? 

Again, I can well imagine a difference between countries, but this seems a wee off.

Anyone have insight?

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

13 hours ago, Scottish_Knight said:

Again, I can well imagine a difference between countries, but this seems a wee off.

It is more of a COVID-19 thing. In 2019 I was scheduled a C & P exam within two weeks. Then in 2020 it took them about thirty days to get me in and this year February 2021, it took them almost two months and the LHI kept rescheduling me until I was finally able to get in my C & P exam. Everyone is/was trying to be safe. At first this COVID was killing everybody and anybody and no one knew what would happen. Hopefully, things will be changing in the next few months.