VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Annual TDIU Forms

Rate this question

Sgt. Wilky

Question

Hello All,

I have an impending C&P exam for IU. My VSO was telling me there are annual forms that have to be filled out for those on IU for income purposes. I was wondering if anyone had a link to those form(s) or what actually constitutes income. From what I can tell, it's kind of a messy definition. I have no earned income per IRS and SSA, but the VA seems to define it much differently. I'd like to view these forms so I can begin to prepare myself for what these terms mean and familiarize myself with these forms.

Thanks, 

Sgt. Wilky

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Thank you Buck. I am curious as to what is meant by "employed" and their terms of "substantially gainful employment". I've seen other VA paperwork that uses the term "earned income". I have no "earned income", but I do have "income" outside of the VA disability monthly payments. There are very specific and narrow rules under the IRS and SSA which define "earned" of which I don't meet any of those definitions, but I'm wondering if the VA has broader definitions. My other income would include farm rental income, which is not considered "earned income" by the IRS or SSA, and I have a monthly stipend I receive from my church deemed by them as "housing allowance", and thus the IRS and SSA state it is not "earned income". I looked on Veteran Law Blog and I'm not really finding any other answers. I don't want to do anything illegal, immoral, or unethical; and I want to stay and be honest. I may have to call an attorney though to see.

Thank you,

Sgt. Wilky

• HadIt.com Elder

You might want to read  some of this about TDIU, and how to win your claim, if you have been adjuicated for the TDIU , This link may have the anwser to your questions concerning   what is earned income/and other questions about working or not working while being compensated for TDIU.

https://vaclaimsinsider.com/how-to-win-your-va-tdiu-claim/

• HadIt.com Elder

If your income is not earned income then you have nothing to worry about.  You can have investment income, SSA,  Pension, rental income etc. and it is nothing to worry you.  If you have a job and get a W-2 then you might worry.