VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

SSDI Disability Update Report

Rate this question

Warvet30

Question

Good evening everyone,

I have been on SSDI now for 6 years for anxiety/depression/migraine issues. 3 years ago SS sent me a full medical review which I filled out and got all the necessary documents and sent off. I was reproved and that was that. Fast forward 3 years and this week I got a letter from SS. They are asking me to fill out this 2 page disability update report. Why are they asking for this report and not a full medical review? I was actually expecting the full medical review. Just curious if anyone has dealt with this.

As always thanks!

2 answers to this question

9 hours ago, Warvet30 said:

I have been on SSDI now for 6 years for anxiety/depression/migraine issues. 3 years ago SS sent me a full medical review which I filled out and got all the necessary documents and sent off. I was reproved and that was that. Fast forward 3 years and this week I got a letter from SS. They are asking me to fill out this 2 page disability update report. Why are they asking for this report and not a full medical review? I was actually expecting the full medical review. Just curious if anyone has dealt with this.

The SSA request updates between three to seven years. They also ask if you have spoken to your physician or psychiatrist since the last time of your update about if or when you can return to work. If you have not spoken to your treating physician or psychiatrist just state that in your response and fill out the form and return it to them. Yes, normally the SSA just sends out a questionnaire to determine if your condition(s) is/are better, worst or about the same. Depending on your response of the same or the same to about worst and you should get a letter from the SSA Office about the  continuance of your benefits.