VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

% Rating assigned but eBenefits shows "Not service connected"

Rate this question

Down4G

Question

Hello,

I hope someone here can help me. My claim for hearing lost was denied a few months ago. Ebenefits showed "Not Service Connected" just like the other claims that were denied. I am SC for PTSD and have ED due to the medication I am taking. So, I filed ED as secondary to PTSD and had the C&P exam a few weeks ago. 

Today, I log into eBenefits and I see that the previously denied (closed) claim of hearing lost how shows in the Rating column "0%" but then next to it "Not Service Connected". The "0" wasn't there before. 

The claim for ED as secondary to PTSD shows "Not Service Connected". 

My questions are:

1) Is it normal to have a rating and no Service connection? Why assign a rating if not Service Connected? 

3) Have you ever had a claim that is closed as denied and then weeks/months later the rating changes without you putting an appeal?

3) Could it be that they made a mistake and actually meant to assign the 0% to ED?

Any help to try to understand is greatly appreciated. 

Thank you.

1 answer to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

iF YOU CAN PUT UP A REDACTED COPY OF WHY THEY DENIED YOU FOR HEARIN GLOSS WE MAY CAN HELP YOU BETTER...  IT LOOKS AS THOUGH THEY SERVICE CONNECTED IT AT 0%  THATS A START IF THEY SERVICE CONNECTED YOUR HEARING LOSS.

YOU MORE THAN LIKELY NEED TO SEE A PRIVATE STATE LICENSE  AUDOLOIGIST   USING THE VA GUIDELINES TO INCLUDE THE MARYLAND CNC WORD TEST, THE PRIVATE DR CAN CALL THE VA AND GET THE HEARING TEST CRITERIA OR YOU CAN GO TO YOUR VAMC AUDOLOGY CLINIC AND ASK FOR THE Maryland CNC WORD TEST CD...THEY MIGHT CHARGE YOU A FEW BUCKS FOR THE CD..NOT SURE HOW MUCH  BUT ITS WORTH IT  I THINK MAYBE  4 OR 5 BUCKS SOME TIMES THEY JUST GIVE IT TO YA..  ASK THE PRIVATE DR TO USE IT  TO TEST YOU UNDER THE VA GUIDLINES.   let this Dr know your MOS   and depending on what that is?  it is likely as not your hearin gloss came from bilateral noise induced hearing loss , he can say or give his medical opinion that it is likely as not your sleep apnea is caused from  or related to your PTSD AND THE MEDICATIONS YOU TAKE , HE WILL NEED TO NAME THOSE Medications..and how its related to the sleep apnea. ECT,,,ECT,,,,

DEPENDING ON WHAT THE TEST RESULTS WILL BE...TO GET A CLAIM COMPENSATION FOR HEARING LOSS YOU GOT TO BE DAMN NEAR DEAF.

THE ONLY RATING I KNOW OF YOU CAN GET COMPENSATION AT 0% IS  E.D.

You also mention your service connected for ptsd  you can file secondary claims from your ptsd...like Sleep Apnea. as I mention above.

btw  Welcome to Hadit  glad your onboard.

you will need a sleep study and a diagnose For Sleep Apnea... you can file it secondary to your ptsd   if you get a diagnose and VA  PRESCRIBE YOU A C-PAP MACHINE MEDICALLY TO USE EVERY NIGHT   THATS NORMALLY A 50% RATING.  MORE IF YOUR SLEEP APNEA IS SERVERE.