VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PTSD C&P Exam Video Conference

Rate this question

Sgt. Wilky

Question

Good Afternoon All,

I have a PTSD claim for increase tomorrow via video conference. I know that if you went in person, they wouldn't let your spouse or SO in with you. I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with the video conference exam. My wife is going to be sitting next to me when the conference begins and it will be curious to see if they ask her to leave the room. I saw a video from Attorney Chris Attig that suggested it may be beneficial to an impending appeal (if the claim is denied), if the evidence of the record suggests or shows that the spouse was asked to wait outside and that the lay evidence is extremely important to the claim. At my C&P exam in 2015, they said I had to come alone, but I was granted at 50%.

Sgt. Wilky

• Community Owner

This is late in the response. The answers is yes. I did one last year and they let my spouse sit in on it and give her opinion. 

I know this thread might be a bit dusty, but I couldn't resist sharing my own experience with a PTSD claim exam via video conference. Back in the day, I had a PTSD claim exam via video conference. It was quite nerve-wracking, but my spouse was there for support, and they allowed it! Gotta admit these video conferences can have their surprises! But hey, it's all part of the process, right? By the way, if you're looking for a reliable video conferencing app, I used Cloud Softphone, and it was helpful. So, give it a shot if you ever need one. Good luck, and I hope all of you had successful exams!

Edited by jennifer1981

Yes, I did not update this particular thread, perhaps I mentioned it somewhere else. The judge did allow my wife to attend the hearing and she sat next to me in our office space and answered the questions the judge had for her. I was subsequently given 70%, increased from 50% in the summer of 2021 and received my back pay for that particular issue by September of that same year.

Since losing our 15 y/o son last year (a year ago 7/12) at home (he literally died in my arms from a brain aneurysm we knew he had) I have struggled greatly with all sorts of manifestations of PTSD. It's been a terrible ride of immersion in my memories, living a constant nightmare of military and civilian PTSD episodes that now seem to grow stronger by the day. Not sure how much longer I can keep this up.

Semper Fi,

Sgt. Wilky

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

@Sgt. Wilky I am so sorry for the loss of your son last year. Please accept my condolences on losing him. I am glad the judge increased you to 70%. 

It's interesting to think about how the presence of a spouse could impact the process. Hopefully, they'll be understanding, especially if your wife's support is crucial to your case. And that tip about evidence for a potential appeal sounds smart. Also, speaking of teamwork, have you ever considered team building activities like those at Bright Vision Events? They can be a fun way to bond and improve communication with colleagues.

Edited by DesmondHaas