VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

LHI Examiner Had Me Give Him My Healthevet Username and Password

Rate this question

ReallyAngry

Question

Just what the title says. Made me uneasy, but I felt like I couldn't say no. I changed the password once I got home, but given my history of examiners sometimes feeling like they can make stuff up or say whatever, I really don't feel comfortable that this guy now has access to everything in the VA online as if he was me, including communications, appeals, etc. I'm pretty sure all of it is linked and he can pretty much screw with anything he'd like. What can or should I do?

17 minutes ago, ReallyAngry said:

Just what the title says. Made me uneasy, but I felt like I couldn't say no. I changed the password once I got home, but given my history of examiners sometimes feeling like they can make stuff up or say whatever, I really don't feel comfortable that this guy now has access to everything in the VA online as if he was me, including communications, appeals, etc. I'm pretty sure all of it is linked and he can pretty much screw with anything he'd like. What can or should I do?

Really not sure why he would ask for this information. You can report it to the VARO and the LHI Offices but not sure what they can do.  Since you already changed your password, the only other thing I can think of is that you can also change your username.  Veterans only have limited access to myhealthyvet.com and it is not much they can do other than review their records, request their VAMC records and or medications and send messages to their treating doctors. All of which is recorded in the system. In fact, even when the veteran logs into the system it is recorded, both day and time.

Okay, thanks. Yeah, my mind is boggled as to the necessity. They didn't really need to see me. The information requested was all in my medical records at the VA. He said something about making sure all of the data was forwarded to the VARO, but don't they already have access to all of it? Really makes me nervous however. I just don't like it. Thanks for answering. When the board remanded, the explanation given was that they needed to review the records available to make a determination. He didn't ask me anything that wasn't in those same records. I guess I should have lied and claimed not to remember it? These people have unbelievable power over our lives and no accountability.

20 minutes ago, ReallyAngry said:

He said something about making sure all of the data was forwarded to the VARO, but don't they already have access to all of it?

Just because they have access to all of your medical records doesn't mean they will review all of it. The VARO and the BVA denied one of my claims for fifteen (15) years until it went to the CAVC, and they remanded my claim back to the BVA citing multiple inadequate C & P exams and multiple SMRs and post medical records that the VARO and the BVA overlooked or ignored. Finally, did get my service connection but now waiting on my final rating percentage.  

• HadIt.com Elder

Really Angry

You have a weird case there with LHI wanting your password etc.  I would not like some contractor having access to my entire VA file.  No one is actually going to read all that junk anyway.  When I have gone for C&P exams in the past they barely look at my file.  Since the exam lasts 20 minutes and they have the report to the VA out the next day how much reading do they do?  These contractors are in it for the money.  The more reports they crank out the more they get paid.  My last exam with LHI only lasted 15 minutes and the exam doctor was incompetent, but it worked in my favor.  You never know how these things will work out.